So you are for the "Ara" plan. They did just make the Supers
by Domerduck (2022-05-24 12:53:48)

In reply to: My first call.  posted by hibernianangst

this year and and have been successful. Still I question whether the coaches being the only Big 10 coaches to make the final 16 this year will decide to move 90 miles Southeast. Maybe if they both want Head Coach salaries it might be good to see if we could get one of them and let the other handle Northwestern themselves (like the Stoops brothers eventually got multiple jobs), but since they have been together at NW for 20 years so they may be difficult to split up & it's not clear that would be as successful if they did split.

To me NW is a much easier job to win when all of its conference schools in the Big 10 have similar weather. Really their only competition is Michigan. In the ACC with Duke and Clemson new programs now strong, you now must compete against the Carolina schools with their weather as well as perennial power FSU. Your post about A&M though tells me that both the CLemson & Duke coaches will be targets by A&M just like Texas they paid a ridiculous salary to get the Oregon coach than even Phil Knight money couldn't match. I doubt Duke or CLemson would break the bank to keep their softball coaches.

Hope you are right about your uninformed 60% chance Gumpf is replaced because I do think ND should be a power at least to the level of Northwestern and Michigan and especially better than schools like Oregon State and Virgina Tech that made it to the Supers this year when Gumpf has never made it. I live in Corvallis and I am amazed the Beavs beat Tennessee in Knoxville to move on.

Replies: