cold consolation but it could be worse...look at women's lax
by melanzana (2023-03-06 11:45:58)

In reply to: Soul crushing.  posted by hibernianangst

Swarbrick could have fired a coach who took a program to the Final Four and replaced her with a coach who has top recruits knocking on her door and does nothing with them.

No program has underachieved more than women's lacrosse with the talent they have gotten in the last 10 years.

I don’t have much to comment
by smithwick  (2023-03-09 15:23:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on with respect to Halfpenny, but regarding Coyne, Swarbrick was right to move on from
Her.

what is your basis for that opinion? *
by melanzana  (2023-03-09 17:19:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have relatives
by smithwick  (2023-03-11 12:50:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

embedded in the women’s lacrosse world who are from a diehard ND family. Multiple relatives were recruited and offered by Coyne towards the end of her tenure. Both didn’t even entertain the offer due to the coaches at the time and the environment and culture within the program. I’ll leave it at that.

Also, Coyne hasn’t exactly set the world on fire since leaving ND. 27-56 at George Washington over 4 years and now at St Francis.

They did just beat Duke 14-6 in Durham. Maybe things are
by Domerduck  (2023-03-07 15:33:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

looking up for the WLAX team.