Obviously things are down for BB this year
by El Kabong (2023-03-19 17:51:45)

What should the more tertiary ND baseball fan take away from the situation? Is it the loss of talent following the coaching departure?

Not yet!
by jamnd74  (2023-03-26 14:15:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have taken 2 from Louisville as of this morning.

Some attrition, some Jarrett
by thesixthgreatlake  (2023-03-19 20:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like the 2007 season, this year was bound to be a rebuild. Losing the head coach doesn’t help but last years team was exactly what ND builds toward as a northern team in a partial scholarship sport. We had great a veteran core, aided by the experience of the COVID year and complemented by top-notch grad transfers.

Like the 2007 season, the guy who left is an elite coach. Stiffler seems like he is promising but Jarrett and Mainieri are all-timers.

This team has shown some of the rust you expect from a northern team playin it’s first twenty on the road and not getting much outdoor practice at home. The ACC is also loaded this year. Gutting out a win when we really needed one on the road against top ten teams two weeks in a row is a really promising sign. The next step is getting one or both of the first two.

Let’s hope that’s where the 2007 comps end…..

I like your handle
by garbageplate  (2023-03-24 16:29:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It might have an inside meaning, but I've lived on three of the five Great Lakes and it's made me want to say that I've lived on all five.

Nothing too insider…..
by Thesixthgreatlake  (2023-03-24 19:21:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“The Sixth Great” Lake Dawson was a favorite ND flanker of my youth - when men were men and we still called them flankers.

Ah- got it- Lake is currently a scout for the Bills *
by garbageplate  (2023-03-24 19:43:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the thoughts. *
by Newt  (2023-03-23 19:11:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post