Baseball RPI up to 36 after sweep of UVA. *
by MobileIrish (2023-04-24 09:56:38)

This user did not provide content for this post

That'd be plenty good enough in MBB to make it. *
by Tex Francisco  (2023-04-24 12:28:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We're in pretty good shape as of now
by garbageplate  (2023-04-24 13:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plenty of home games on the schedule as we head into the stretch. 3 wins should be a minimum this week with a game tomorrow at Michigan State and a 3 game home series with a badly struggling FSU team.

I'd love to add to Jarrett's misery as well.

I coached a kid who is on FSU
by jt  (2023-04-28 01:44:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Treyton Rank.

Unbelievable football player, but obviously outstanding in baseball as well. Was throwing 80 mph as a 12 year old.

Looks like he's mostly a full-time starter
by garbageplate  (2023-04-28 12:58:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scuffling a bit at the plate, but he's not alone. FSU is pretty bad this year.

Yeah, saw him in March when we went down for our trip
by jt  (2023-04-28 16:40:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was playing centerfield and was really good in the field and not so good at the dish, which was odd for him given his history (he's been the reverse).

A very talented kid but he's got a temper on him which works against him in baseball. I thought he should have stuck with football, but they transferred him out to Georgia after his freshman season to one of those academies where they funded his tuition and he played for the East Cobb club team under the promise that he'd be a first round draft pick (obviously didn't work out). I think that he still played football there, but baseball was clearly the focus. They definitely had some family dynamics at play as well.

Still rooting for him though, hope he gets it figured out. Fantastic athlete.

Why should Jarrett even be an issue?
by Radi-skull  (2023-04-24 17:40:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I bear him absolutely no ill will. The cosmos fated his dream job to open up as he was getting hot.

I thank him for righting the ship after Aoki and wish him godspeed. No reason to root for or against him.

Generally speaking, I would be happy if Florida State shuttered all of its athletic programs, but that is unrelated to Jarrett.

Because he left and FSU is a cesspool
by garbageplate  (2023-04-24 20:01:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So he can take his dream job and shove it.

I never buy into dream job nonsense either..... *
by Wolfetone  (2023-04-25 08:32:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If 100 college coaches ...
by CJC  (2023-04-25 11:54:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who didn't play at Florida State were given the choice to be the head coach at either Notre Dame or Florida State, only 101 of them would choose Florida State.

I don't really believe that there wouldn't be a few or even a handful or two who would choose Notre Dame, but it seemingly would have to be based upon Catholicism, or family, or an extraordinarily strong buy-in to the (perceived) uniqueness of the mission of the University or the athletic department. It certainly wouldn't be based upon weather, or program history or the ability to recruit your entire team from your own state, should you be so inclined.

Not necessarily you guys, but across most of the boards here, it's not at all difficult to find posters pining for former Notre Dame greats to "come home" to coach at Notre Dame. There certainly seems to be a presumption on the part of many posters that former Notre Dame players typically feel enough of a connection to want to coach at Notre Dame.

I don't find the possibility that Jarrett would be uniquely drawn to that job, in light of his playing career and the fact that his wife's family is from Tallahassee (IIRC) to be the least bit nonsensical -- whether he or someone else described it as a "dream" job or not at an introductory press conference or elsewhere.

Based upon what I know as a fairly casual follower of the Notre Dame program, I'm of the view that ND should be extremely grateful for Jarrett's contribution to the program and should wish him nothing but the best, other than when that's at odds with Notre Dame's fortunes.

Well, he made his choice
by garbageplate  (2023-04-25 13:24:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it brings me joy to see that Notre Dame is outperforming his beloved FSU.

What can I say? I suppose I'm petty.

I believe he left for more money...... *
by Wolfetone  (2023-04-25 13:19:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope he receives a warm welcome when ND plays FSU.
by MobileIrish  (2023-04-25 12:02:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope ND wins/sweeps the series, but I wish Jarrett success.

As you stated, the decision was a no-brainer for him.

I think family ties helped ND hire Shrewsberry. It was the opposite of Jarrett’s decision.