Question for Job Seekers on the best job websites....
by Raoul (2012-05-14 14:16:51)

I haven't done this in 11 years and becak when I did it the landscape was different. Some new sites seem to be popular along with some old one. Here is what I am planning on scanning:

The Ladders (pay board)
CareerBuilder
Monster
ExecuNet (pay board)
6FigureJobs
Indeed

Any I am missing that people think are good?

I know LinkedIn has jobs as well.

I figure these give me something to do. Last time I found my current company through a network connection and I suppose that will probably be the case this time. But at least the job boards make one feel like you are doing something.

www.simplyhired.com is very similar to Indeed.com *
by EricCartman  (2012-08-03 14:09:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LinkedIn should top the list
by Are-see-ess  (2012-05-21 13:03:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But building up a network on there (the real job finding tool) will probably take longer than you would like.

Thanks. I got onto LinkedIn for the first time two weeks
by Raoul  (2012-05-21 22:13:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ago. God knows why I didn't do it before. What a great tool it is. Monster is worthless. Some of the others are OK. But alas having found my last job through a network contact I know what you are talking about. Unfortunately, six months would be quick for me given that I am not relocating.

Getting back to this a little late
by are-see-ess  (2012-06-04 10:20:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but I just came across a link for someone looking for work in KC. I post it here as a good post that saw positive results quickly. Hopefully you can get some feeling for what works from this post.

http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=802&type=member&item=120205654&qid=6cb59998-5263-4785-beca-76a4fc53cca3&trk=group_most_popular-0-b-ttl&goback=%2Egmp_802