Wow. Bosa is not coming back to OSU
by Bellcon (2018-10-16 12:18:40)

He is going to focus on getting ready for the NFL draft.

ND OSU Bowl Game
by 330morrissey  (2018-10-17 10:12:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe he saw the game in which Jaylon Smith got hurt and cost himself millions.

Wasn’t it his brother that did that? *
by Wooderson  (2018-10-18 07:09:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, but
by kjadoc  (2018-10-18 11:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bosa took a late hit, targeting call against Golson just a few plays later, which was fairly mild by the standards of targeting. But mission accomplished; it got him tossed from the game, to the safety of the sideline and away from possible harm.

Maybe this is how Bama falls....their 12 first rounders sit
by ndvermin95  (2018-10-17 09:08:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

out the bowl season annually....

Tua should sit out his junior season
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2018-10-17 11:07:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think I am kidding... I don’t know

Recruit mercenaries
by crazychester  (2018-10-16 19:18:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get mercenaries

This is completely his prerogative and I can't begrudge him a bit but he is, as a captain, abandoning his teammates in the midst of a title chase and OSU fans have the prerogative to remember that

Julian love, certainly to a lesser extent, could elect to end his career right now. I would be stunned if he did it because I think much more of him as a person

This is a terrible post
by Chicagond99  (2018-10-17 09:36:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can't fault Bosa at all here. First off, at best he would be back by mid December, which leaves very little wiggle room to get ramped up for the playoffs. You can't expect t him to play hurt and risk everything. See one, if he was healthy right now, I wouldn't fault him for sitting out. He's proved all he needs to prove, so why risk everything to play for free while everyone else makes millions off him?

If this was your kid, there's no way you'd advise him to rush back to potentially play hurt.

Ridiculous
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2018-10-17 08:52:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t like where the game is trending either, but there is very little reason to slam Bosa. It’s a smart choice. The NCAA needs to find a solution for this new reality.

This soft OSU team isn’t going anywhere anyways.

Love isn't even a consensus 2nd round pick
by fourputtmd  (2018-10-16 19:32:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

its 30 million guaranteed vs 2-3 million

I think it is the right move *
by jt  (2018-10-16 17:30:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A meathead from a family of meatheads
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-10-16 13:08:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John
Joey
Nick

I wonder what their steroid bill runs a month in that family?

He's a hell of a player
by elterrible  (2018-10-16 14:07:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as was his brother. It's not like they play for USC.

Yeah, it kinda is. *
by cincysubdomer  (2018-10-16 18:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't really blame him..
by TWO  (2018-10-16 12:43:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

According to that article he wouldn't be ready till November at the earliest and the Buckeyes are doing just fine without him. No sense in risking further injury or setback when he's looking at 30+ million signing bonus.

I expect that this year more players than ever will decline to participate in meaningless bowl games and concentrate on preparing for the NFL Combine/Draft.

Although OSU could well be headed someplace better
by FL_Irish  (2018-10-16 13:24:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...than a meaningless bowl game.

I don't know what to make of it. On the one hand, if his mind is made up I suppose it's the right thing to do to let his coaches know as soon as possible so they can plan accordingly. On the other hand, it seems like a pretty strong case could be made for waiting until November, seeing how you feel, what the doctors are telling you, where OSU seems to be headed, etc. and in the meantime contributing in whatever off-the-field way you can (I'm pretty sure he was a captain).

Hardly surprising
by Doggie  (2018-10-16 12:39:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just the nature of the game today.

Since he is projected as a top 5 pick in 2019, he doesn't have to duck the questions he would face if he chose to duck out of any bowl game.

While I don't know the extent of his "core" muscle injury, chances are he wouldn't be in game shape until late in the year anyway and would only lower his status by playing not fully "game ready."

I wouldn't be surprised R. Gary from Mich doing same *
by Voisman  (2018-10-16 15:27:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would have thought that he might have waited to see
by Bellcon  (2018-10-16 12:41:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if OSU was still undefeated. I could understand if they were out of the bcs

I understand safeguarding his own future
by Doggie  (2018-10-16 14:49:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know how long he was expected to be out but a "core muscle" injury isn't a simple injury for a defensive lineman. It is probably a safe bet he wouldn't be ready before the end of the regular season. Coming back too early and/or risking another injury for the glory of OSU doesn't strike me as a strange decision.

I don't like the current trend among healthy players opting out of bowl games but I don't really blame them.

If we don't make it to the CFP it will be interesting..
by TWO  (2018-10-16 15:09:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to see if Tillery and Coney decide to play or not. Both would have a lot to lose and not much if anything to gain, assuming they finish the season strong like they have been playing so far and free from injury. They have their degree's.

If nd does not make the playoff
by crazychester  (2018-10-16 19:25:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Id like to think that everyone would honor their commitment to their teammates by completing the season but bowl games are an odd beast. For one thing the scholarship transaction is over at that point. The playoff certainly seems to be something different, though here the commitment to the institution is over though the commitment to ones teammates is not

maybe he watched what happened to Jaylon Smith
by irishrock  (2018-10-16 13:47:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and said, "nah, I'm good"

I thought the same thing. *
by ocmj  (2018-10-16 16:27:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post