Chase Winovich calls 62-39 humiliation to OSU a "mirage"
by Hanratty5ND (2018-12-10 09:39:12)

Fabio is a typical Michigan Man.

They get their ass kicked and can't admit it...it was all an illusion.
Urban's going 7-0 on them was a mirage too.
Chase was 0 for 4. A 'mirage'. Should change his name to Chase Loseovich:

i think this is funny because he is trying to make a valid
by Bagimus Maximus  (2018-12-13 08:50:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

point, but is hampered by the fact that he chose Michigan as the school to get an education. He is majoring in Evolutionary Anthropology, which may be a Michigan farce like their football Kinesiology major so he is not the best when it comes to expressing his thoughts into words.

I believe that he was trying to say that the game against Ohio State was an "aberration" but used the word "mirage" instead. The sentence meaning changes dramatically with the word choice.

Just my opinion

Those headlights you see roaring toward you are a mirage. *
by The Flash  (2018-12-12 09:25:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In our home, referred to as Chase WhinyBitch * *
by Irish Bill  (2018-12-11 12:16:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really think the best reaction to such things is silence *
by ACross  (2018-12-10 15:51:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lighten up, it's fun to hate on Meatchicken. *
by HoosierDomer  (2018-12-10 22:22:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he means Wino should just clam up *
by Notra_Dahm  (2018-12-11 01:30:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He mention 24-17 mirage that they were competitive with ND? *
by yodadame  (2018-12-10 13:29:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1st and last games don't count.... *
by Wolfetone  (2018-12-10 15:50:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He probably drank too much tap water on a visit to Flint. *
by irishintheville  (2018-12-10 13:17:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does Michigan have a logic major?
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-12-10 10:55:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Winovich sounds like he has some Trump blood in him. *
by Slotts  (2018-12-10 13:33:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I truly think Michigan FB is held back by its culture of
by Tex Francisco  (2018-12-10 10:37:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

arrogance. They have no need to get better because they're already amazing, just ask them. If only they weren't so unlucky and the world didn't treat them so unfairly, they'd never lose. Let's hang a co-B1G East championship banner! Contrast that to Alabama who took a baseball bat to their NCAA runner up trophy.

So damn. true it’s funny and glorious *
by Newt  (2018-12-13 20:45:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Suddenly I am put in mind of Willingham, who “never had a
by 1NDGal  (2018-12-11 10:13:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bad day.” Those “blessed” enough to lack self-awareness have very happy lives.

Then they give interviews to John Saunders in which they all but state that ND is racist.

I would happily wear a "UM Co-Big Ten East Champs" shirt. *
by ND_Rumpus  (2018-12-10 15:05:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Living among them, I believe you are 100% correct. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2018-12-10 14:50:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or compare to Notre Dame...
by KevinG  (2018-12-10 13:23:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...who markets "Undefeated Regular Season" shirts.

Ahem, it's "uNDefeated" regular seasons *
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2018-12-10 14:20:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. Look no further than the HOF post about Bo's funeral
by KevinPS  (2018-12-10 12:51:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It really does nail the Michigan football culture. I've lived here for 30 years and it's no longer surprising. Frankly, I saw the same sort of denial regarding the auto industry here: the foreign companies are cheating, next year's model will be better, etc.

Denial isn't a River in Egypt, it carries water to Flint.
by OITLinebacker  (2018-12-10 13:32:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for some reason East of East Lansing seems to have a river denial flowing into the lesser Detroit region.

I think you're 100% correct. *
by FL_Irish  (2018-12-10 11:02:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously an early adopter
by D8NDomer  (2018-12-10 09:40:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the new Michigan law.

I was going to recommend Concussion Protocol
by graNDfan  (2018-12-10 10:41:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but how would you determine if it was truly an IQ issue...

OSU fans refer to Chase as Ovich
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-12-10 10:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is Winovich without the WIN.