It's so flat, you can stand on a bottlecap and look into
by rick (2019-01-08 20:02:54)

In reply to: Lubbock? Ever been there? Lived there?  posted by irishrock

the horizon and see your rear end. Pumpjacks in your backyard, cotton fields, and tumbleweeds.
On the good side, the country club is affordable.

Tumbleweeds
by Denver Jim  (2019-01-09 13:04:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I played baseball for New Mexico Military Institute and we played Lubbock Christian in Lubbock. I was hit by one traveling about 40 mph while chasing a fly ball. I think I missed the ball. What a desolate place west Texas is. And those tumbleweed blizzards while you are driving are something to behold!

don't forget our time in Clovis which along with Lubbock
by abqgant  (2019-01-09 19:02:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is located in the Llano Estacado. What desolate country. No wonder we're touched in the head.

Explains some things. *
by SWPaDem  (2019-01-09 21:24:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If i go to the NM "game" I'll be bringing lobo dogs
by abqgant  (2019-01-09 23:21:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How many do you want? Oh...bring mustard
AE can bring relish. They're great with Pabst.

Sounds like a great plan. I'm counting the days starting now
by SWPaDem  (2019-01-10 08:18:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just the thought of tying together Bullet Bob's unfulfilled penchant for rotating tube steaks and New Mexico's devilish incarnation of same has my mouth watering already. You may want to check with AE though. He loved throwing out from to to time ketchup as the preferred hot dog condiment, I think mostly to get a rise out of all the board, grill-based foodies.

So, come next summer, we'll need an update from you on your travel plans. We're expecting that "if" changing to "when", you know. You may know that I met Denver Jim as did AE in South Florida back in early January 2013 (great memories, I think, except for that football game part); I'd just love to see the sibling interplay at work with you two after lobo dogs and Pabst. Although I will say that DJ took particular interest in my telling him of my dad being in the spirits business for Schenley Distillers back in the day.

Our grandfather was a liquor salesman in Canada...
by abqgant  (2019-01-10 23:28:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

dad loved beer--any kind any time, so it's no surprise DJ perked up when hearing about Schenley.

We once calculated how much beer my dad drank in his adult life. It was a phenomenal amount. His diet was horrible--sausages fried in crisco was a favorite.

His cholesterol was in the 175 range. I'm on statins trying to keep mine at 210.

Healthy living is overrated apparently.

Speaking of ketchup on a hot dog, that's how my dad ate them. Hmmmmm