Has that been proven? *
by 84david (2019-01-17 08:54:21)

In reply to: A Georgia baseball player directed racial slurs at him.  posted by ndstein04

This user did not provide content for this post

UGA expelled the player, so apparently yes. *
by NavyJoe  (2019-01-17 10:07:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He admitted it, and claims he apologized to Fields
by TWO  (2019-01-17 11:16:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in person. The irony is that Fields had no idea he had a racial slur yelled at him since the kid was in the stands, but the students around him turned him in and after that Fields found out.

Clearly, UGA should've done more to stop this
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-01-18 17:35:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assume that would be applying duct tape to every fan that enters a stadium on the off chance they utter something that offends a potential starting QB for another school.

How is that irony? *
by elterrible  (2019-01-17 14:56:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There’s a point that he would not have known he’d been
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-01-17 20:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

insulted if others hadn’t called attention to the slur. And if he did not know he’d been insulted, he would not have left the school. Or, if he did leave, he would have had to sit out a year.

An interesting twist, I guess.

Not intended to minimize the wrongness of the slur in the first place, nor the negative consequences the player experienced from the slur.

Somewhat outside of the point here, but I believe players should be permitted to transfer without any period of ineligibility.