That is incorrect. The city came up with $1 billion
by No Right Turn on Red (2019-01-20 21:44:37)
Edited on 2019-01-20 21:48:09

In reply to: St Louis didnt get screwed. They had plenty of opportunities  posted by Steelhop

for a new stadium. The NFL continually moved the goalposts on how much money the city had to fork over, rejected their own relocation guidelines, and voted against the only city with a viable plan to keep their team, as Oakland and San Diego had nothing close to resembling St. Louis’ offer. This was shady business at its worst.

I said at the time they moved it wouldn’t have been so bad if Kroenke was just honest from the get go: “I want to move the Rams to LA for the money, and there’s not a damn thing any of you (St. Louis, the NFL) can do to stop me.” I would have still been mad, but lots of time and money would not have been wasted. I’m still convinced Kroenke would have sued the NFL if they voted against him.

[It was clear the Rams were goners when Kroenke rejected Shad Khan’s offer to buy part of the Rams, promising to keep them in town. That didn’t work with a move to LA.]

Speaking of lawsuits, I don’t know where in the process the City’s lawsuit against the NFL and Kroenke is, but I hope they don’t settle. I want to see the discovery. The City may not win, but the NFL will lose by the end.