Not a Pats fan but Brady is a stone cold killer *
by Soloirish (2019-01-20 22:16:58)

This user did not provide content for this post

Ford lining up off sides changed that narrative.
by OITLinebacker  (2019-01-22 10:18:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That INT would have changed the story of how Brady's time might be over. The interceptions that killed several critical drives would have been the Pat's Story.

I wouldn't have thrown dirt on them after that and I won't throw dirt on them know (I think the Rams will win big, but what do I know?), but I get the feeling this might finally be the end. IF that penalty is not called, could you see Brady either being forced to retire or finally cut/traded? He would have been a big reason why they lost (aside from the officials missing the blatant offsides) and we know that there was talk of getting rid of Brady last off season. Now I do wonder how much longer they'll be able to compete with a QB that still has a great head for the game, but can longer make the throws needed to be the average (for the record KC's was far below average) defense?

Brady is a beneficiary of a great system
by JC  (2019-01-21 12:32:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Witness Matt Cassell going 11-5 when Brady had a season ender back in 2008 I think. I'm not saying he isn't a great QB, he is, but Belichik has created a system that works ... and would work for quite a few QBs in the league.

Imagine if the Lions had drafted the "hometown" Michigan boy Brady ... how long do you think he would have lasted in the league?

This too
by gordonbombay  (2019-01-21 14:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm generally in the camp of not playing the what-if game to determine how great a guy is - if you're great, you're great - and I don't hold it against Brady that he was put in a really good situation (after all, he's not the first, and he took advantage of his good fortune better than any player in history).

That said, Brady is Exhibits A, B and C of how a good landing spot can really aid you - there's basically no way in hell he wins any of his first 3 titles without the great defenses he had in his early seasons - and a bad one can really hurt you.

Indeed
by HTownND  (2019-01-21 11:42:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And we are watching one of the great dynasties of the NFL right now.

I don't think we all appreciate it while it's happening, but when we look back, these accomplishments will be much easier to appreciate as one of the greatest runs in NFL history.

Just think about everything that has happened since Halftime of Super Bowl LI. That alone is some pretty amazing stuff, but when combined with everything from before, it's truly astounding.

As good as he is-he benefits from luck more than any QB ever
by Hanratty5ND  (2019-01-21 11:42:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

--The tuck rule. Raiders got hosed.
--Pete Carroll with the dumbest play call ever.
--Dan Quinn and Shanahan- up 28-3 and then coached stupid to give it away.
--Dee Ford. All he has to do is line up correctly and Brady is done.

Are any of those really luck?
by pmcdnd96  (2019-01-21 20:03:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1.) As dumb as the rule was, it was called correctly in that game.
2.) Pete Carroll is not a good x and o coach
3.) Brady and the Patriots still had to make up a 25 point deficit
4.) Dee ford failed to execute his position.

Luck would be a ball bouncing a weird direction, the power going out, a referee suffering an injury during a play and tripping up a ball carrier...that kind of stuff. Everything you wrote is part of the competition involved with playing football.

Jesse James catch, also. *
by ArasEra  (2019-01-21 16:02:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's also two lucky Eli passes from being 7-1. It goes both
by LoungeTroll  (2019-01-21 15:38:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ways.

How was the Eli pass to Manningham lucky?
by chuck99  (2019-01-21 16:34:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can only assume you are referring to that one. It was a standard play where the threw with a clean pocket. So because the other QB made an excellent throw it is lucky? It wasn't like Manningham made an unbelievable catch (like Tyree), it was dropped right in his hands.

That’s true. I probably should have said low odds instead of
by LoungeTroll  (2019-01-21 19:46:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lucky. Is was talking about both. The point was that trying to list every positive break and leaving get out every negative break is sort of disingenuous. Especially when it’s over 18 years and 8 Super Boels. This isn’t Gene Chizik or some one year wonde.

Don’t forget the AFC East
by irishrock  (2019-01-21 11:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NFC in the 80’s had the 49’ers, Bears, Giants, and the Redskins (and the Rams with Jim Everett were really good)

The Patriots compete against the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills

Give credit to the Patriots for keeping a losing team losing, but it’s amazing how easy that road has been

automatic first round home playoff game built there.
by OITLinebacker  (2019-01-22 10:08:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More often than not home field throughout. You can't say that fact didn't make a difference.

Indeed he is
by gordonbombay  (2019-01-21 00:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which makes it all the more infuriating that refs (no one in the league besides him gets that atrocious roughing flag) and other teams (lining up in the neutral zone? Seriously?) keep giving him extra chances.

1 TD and 2 InT against the 2nd worst defense in the NFL?
by ndvermin95  (2019-01-20 23:49:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do I have that right? If so, yes hell of a game.

Will he be able to play in two weeks?
by irishrock  (2019-01-20 22:59:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The roughing penalty hit he took was really vicious

Shouldn't he have been pulled from the game to go through
by ArasEra  (2019-01-21 15:55:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the concussion protocol?

That was a brutal, head-jarring hit!

The attempted roughing the passer “falldown after I’ve been
by HennaOrNo  (2019-01-20 23:56:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bumped” in OT will get him added to the cast of Paul Blart Mall Cop 3.

Ha. Good one. *
by usmcirish  (2019-01-20 23:32:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Craig James is a stone cold hooker killer *
by jt  (2019-01-20 22:29:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allegedly *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-20 22:34:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

5 times.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2019-01-21 12:02:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allegedly.

Brady is the best I've ever seen in watching 45 plus
by usmcirish  (2019-01-20 22:26:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Years of football. Montana a close second.

Montana might have been even better
by lwegs  (2019-01-21 10:26:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

had he played with all of the QB "protection" of newer rules.

I remember Jim Burt decking Montana maybe in the playoffs
by TahoeDweller  (2019-01-21 11:59:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Joe was lying there immobile on the field. I thought Burt had killed him. Defenders just can't do that anymore and it makes sense from a lot of perspectives. But it has allowed Brady and many others to have longer careers and operate more freely.

Didn’t you see the vicious hit Brady took last night
by irishrock  (2019-01-21 13:25:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No one but the ref did either

Andy Reid now 1-6 in conf. title games or Super Bowls. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-20 22:19:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mahomes is going to be a great one.
by Cheg80  (2019-01-20 22:18:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

KC gets a defense and they are going to be a force.

Agreed. Mahomes' ability to make plays when there appears to
by Grace91  (2019-01-20 22:24:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

be no option is amazing. Hopefully KC can get a defense and be a force.