The Chiefs are the NFL equivalent of the Irish
by jrdjr84 (2019-01-21 17:29:41)

Twelve win season...
Made the playoffs/final four...
Found the QB of today and tomorrow...
Long history of postseason disappointment...
Coach who hasn't translated regular season success to the potseason...
And they're the ones I root for.

Their coaches are nearly identical.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-26 15:35:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not pleased my coaches are BK and a Reid clone. Hope Nagy learns away some Reid bullshit.

"found the QB of today and tomorrow"? *
by ACross  (2019-01-24 10:43:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were a neutral zone infraction and/or coin flip away
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-21 19:28:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from winning the AFC Championship. Take either one away, and they'd have won. That's a f**k of a lot closer than ND has gotten.

And a really bad roughing the passer call. *
by Steelhop  (2019-01-21 20:21:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps even worse than the non-call on the PI in Rams-NO
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-21 21:20:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both blunders were caused by the refs not seeing what happened. That is inexcusable, but in my book it's even worse to invent a penalty that didn't happen than to not call a penalty (two, actually -- PI and helmet-to-helmet) that did happen.

The only reason I didn't raise the roughing call here is that I went back and found that it came on 2nd down, not 3rd down as I originally remembered it. Given how bad KC was on defending 3rd downs, it's possible the blunder made no difference in the outcome.

Funny. I thought it happened on 3rd down too.
by Steelhop  (2019-01-21 21:38:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with you on it being worse for the reasons you state.

What made that call nauseating
by irishrock  (2019-01-21 22:16:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was that Brady got that call

The didn’t see it, he inferred it and that’s what tears me up

Missed D holding and DPI on the same play downfield.
by 801stlouis  (2019-01-22 12:57:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Chiefs DBs were getting away with murder on the Pats receivers, including on the play with the roughing the passer. At a minimum, it should have been 5 yards and an automatic 1st down (I’ve seen some whiners claiming the pass was uncatchable so PI would have been off the table, but it was still clearly defensive holding before Brady even released the ball).

The Patriots were 1 dumb play by Brady from wrapping the game up in the 1st half. The Chiefs made a valiant comeback, but if Brady hadn’t thrown that stupid pick in the end zone, they would have been up 3 scores at halftime instead of only 14-0. Belichick went on the road in a hostile environment and had his team much more ready to play than the favored team. Betting against Belichick this time of year is usually not a good idea.

We got blown out and looked inept on offense?
by irishrock  (2019-01-21 18:07:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A stupid neutral zone penalty took away a game winning turnover

ND and the Chiefs are the two teams I follow the most and I didn’t remotely think of ND last night...or at all this season

Results and emotional reactions, not every particular *
by jrdjr84  (2019-01-21 19:15:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stumbled luckily into an easy schedule?
by ACross  (2019-01-24 10:48:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after shitting the bed against Balls Ate?

and then getting kicked in the teeth by demonstrating ineptitude and inscrutability in offensive gameplanning?

I don't think there are any parallels.

Chiefs D needs fixing.
by Wooderson  (2019-01-21 17:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But the offense is great. Bright future for Mahomes.