Former Irish players in the AAF
by 3rd and Long (2019-01-30 22:34:48)

The Alliance of American Football teams set their final rosters today. The inaugural season starts next weekend. Seven former ND players are in the league:

Nyles Morgan - LB - Arizona Hotshots

Tarean Folston - RB - Atlanta Legends

Cody Riggs - CB - Orlando Apollos
Ben Turk -P - Orlando Apollos

Greer Martini - LB - Salt Lake Stallions

Scott Daly - LS - San Antonio Commanders

John Montelus - OL - San Diego Fleet

Add Max Redfield
by saintapollonia  (2019-01-31 09:15:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s on the Birmingham team.

And how about Arena Football? *
by Irish Tool  (2019-01-31 08:51:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The timing is odd
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-31 08:19:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Starting right after football is over and when it’s still cold out won’t help attendance

Are they trying to take advantage of the scheduling gap between football and baseball?

I have zero interest on football right now...I can’t imagine a lot of other people are craving more

All but Salt Lake on that list are warm weather locations
by btd  (2019-02-02 22:46:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, Atlanta and San Antonio at minimum are domed stadiums. My point being weather won't be a problem for a lot of the locations. I don't know what other locations exist. Heck, I didn't know this league existed before this thread.

I am. In fact it’s perfect...
by wiNDycityfan  (2019-02-01 05:37:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No worse time in sports than the period between the Super Bowl and March Madness/Spring Break.

Not sure this competition will be enough to fill in the gap, but any football to make up for NBA and NHL is music to my ears.

You like hockey though, right?
by FL_Irish  (2019-01-31 11:29:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So you have something to transition to.

Personally, I get end-of-football-season-and-now-I-have-to-wait-7-months depression every year. Not that I necessarily expect the quality of the AAF to do much to address it.

I would love to see Folston turn this into an NFL tryout
by JACC1203  (2019-01-31 00:32:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He seemed to be on the verge of a "breakout" season at ND in 2015 before his injury.

With Kelly at the helm who knows what would have happened, but if a converted WR like CJ Prosise could gain 1K+ yards that season,there's no reason to believe Tarean Folston couldn't have done the same (if not better).

Folston had that big run against Texas at the very start of 2016 & then just kind of vanished.

Where has he been since he left ND?
by TWO  (2019-01-31 11:04:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was undrafted when he left, has he been on NFL practice squads?

Good question. There wasn't much about his post- ND career
by JACC1203  (2019-01-31 23:49:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was able to find after doing a simple google search. Actually, I wasn't able to find anything.

As I mentioned, he seemed to vanish as that horrid 2016 season went on. I'm sure he could have petitioned for a medical redshirt considering he played all of one offensive series in 2015, but he chose not to for whatever reason(s).

Those are some bad team names *
by ndzippy  (2019-01-30 23:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not any worse than
by cm_4_nd  (2019-01-31 00:20:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Redskins
Browns
Ravens
Buccaneers

Bears

Browns, ravens, and bucs get a pass.
by Wooderson  (2019-01-31 07:40:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those names are at least relevant to their cities histories.

add Amir Carlisle - Birmingham Iron *
by cm_4_nd  (2019-01-30 23:10:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doesn’t look like he made the final cut
by 3rd and Long  (2019-01-30 23:19:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While he was on their initial roster, it doesn’t appear that he made the final 52 player roster.

Ahh - too bad.
by cm_4_nd  (2019-01-31 00:01:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the update - noticed his name when I was perusing the rosters.