Bob Stoops is going to coach again.
by FtWorthIrish (2019-02-06 17:35:08)

Apparently as the coach and GM of the new XFL team in Dallas.

I'd guess this is about just getting a paycheck
by Steelhop  (2019-02-08 12:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He probably believes in the viability of the league about as much as I do which is I don't.

If someone is going throw you money to not work for a year+ wouldn't you take it.

To be fair, that has to be an easier job than HC at ND
by ndzippy  (2019-02-07 10:30:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe he's easing his way back into a more stressful coaching job.

Agreed, if he wanted a bigger gig he'd only have to put the
by FtWorthIrish  (2019-02-07 16:37:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

word out. Someone would have scooped him up.

Bad move for him, must be the money. *
by TWO  (2019-02-06 20:49:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps the XFL will fold at the same time Kelly retires *
by jbrown_9999  (2019-02-06 20:09:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the contrary, BK would be a perfect fit for the XFL *
by bmoreirish  (2019-02-07 09:09:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another 7 years or so of fighting to be in the conversation
by TahoeDweller  (2019-02-06 23:53:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before he retires. And to think they ran Lou off.

Shocking news.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-02-06 17:54:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Being that there were so many tea-leaf readers here on these boards willing to concede that Stoops was far too afraid of his own mortality to ever consider coaching again,.

This is exactly how coaching missed opportunities happen.

Can’t be. I was told he’s not available.
by Tdiddy07  (2019-02-06 17:37:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By people on the Internet.