Not really.
by jerseyirish07 (2019-02-28 12:03:47)

In reply to: Remember when people questioned the character of Manti?  posted by ND44

I don't remember much that questioned his character. I remember he got a lot of criticism for naivete and for being catfished / a dupe, but not a lot of criticism for his character.

I'm not saying it didn't happen (I'm sure it did), but I don't recall it being a widespread thing.

The belief that Manti cooked it up (with ND's assistance...
by FL_Irish  (2019-02-28 13:35:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...according to some) for purposes of self-promotion was a belief widely held among most of the friends I made growing up in Florida.

Most everybody I know who is not a ND
by TWO  (2019-02-28 12:47:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fan thought he was not a victim but instead a perp who thought up the whole thing as part of an attempt to get the sympathy vote for the Heisman. They questioned his character a lot.

Fair enough.
by jerseyirish07  (2019-02-28 13:09:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't and still don't see very much of it. Maybe it's because of where we each live.

This is still a common opinion *
by irishboy89  (2019-02-28 13:04:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post