Romeo Okwara signed to a two-year deal by the Detroit Lions. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-03-01 20:57:46)

he will never win anything, but at least he got the money! *
by fourputtmd  (2019-03-02 17:00:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Started 14 games, got 7.5 sacks in 2018, making League
by 1NDGal  (2019-03-02 13:29:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Minimum. Who wouldn’t re-sign a contributor like that for $500K a year? God Bless Romeo for slogging it out with so much passion.

Julian will not go undrafted. People are gonna have to pay for him.

Edit: The salary number has come out and it’s something like $9M for two years. Hells ya, Romeo!

Never underestimate the Lions
by graNDfan  (2019-03-02 16:22:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Lions are the blind squirrel

Lions Forecast
by IndianaLee  (2019-03-03 10:54:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the Bears improving, Rodgers still having a bit left in the tank, and Vikings with a strong cast of playmakers, can the Lions make noise in that division?

How is Patricia viewed in these early stages? Is there hope that Stafford is still the guy to get the job done?

I’m 43 years old. The Lions have won a playoff game
by gozer  (2019-03-03 12:10:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in my lifetime. For people under 28, that’s not true. The long term forecast is “they will continue to be shitty”

Incidentally, the Lions are undefeated in my life in the playoffs if I attend the game, and winless otherwise. They ought to fly me out to the next one.

Nah, but they may spring to fly out Vinz Clortho and Zuul.
by Hati Hijau  (2019-03-03 17:45:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Are YOU a God?"

No, nothing will ever come of the Lions.
by domer4  (2019-03-03 11:58:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Patricia is better than some past Lions coaches - but that's it.

Stafford isn't a great QB and has failed in the clutch too many times to ever be counted on.

The no-Super Bowl appearance streak will easily run itself to 60.

Ask me again in 7 or 8 years if I can see Oh-for-70.

He played way better than anyone expected
by Raoul  (2019-03-01 21:03:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He got an expected chance to play more and delivered.

Good for him.