A Skunkweasel just went #10 in the Draft. Puke.
by 1NDGal (2019-04-25 21:36:28)
Edited on 2019-04-25 21:36:48

Devin Bush, LB. Steelers.

Against us he had 3 solo tackles, 4 assisted, and 1.5 sacks.

Whatever.

If you know your FSU history, he is Devin Bush's
by Steelhop  (2019-04-26 21:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Son that was a safety for FSU in early 90s and played in 93 game.

How unsurprising. Apple, tree. I refer to this: (link)
by 1NDGal  (2019-04-27 09:13:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for sharing that information.

Not cool, but . . .
by tf86  (2019-04-30 12:12:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have a tough time respecting Michigan State as well.

Any program that has spent 60 years as the redheaded stepchild of the B1G -- and worse, appears to enjoy that role -- gets no corner from me.

If he's anything like Polamalu, he can be forgiven his sins
by Molly Maguires  (2019-04-26 11:54:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Penn State players, however...

They have to win a Super Bowl.

And Penn State will always deserve the death penalty

Nothing like Polamalu. And, I now recall, was the skeeze who
by 1NDGal  (2019-04-26 15:44:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

spent 20 minutes, on camera, trying to destroy the Sparty S on their field before the MSU game.

Also, Penn State shold get the death penalty.

That turned out to be his best game of the year
by bluengold07  (2019-04-25 22:55:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although I don't recall him being an overly-dominating presence. That said, he's a great talent.

I think Steelers fans below are understimating his talent
by strangebrew  (2019-04-26 15:19:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The majority of mock drafts I read in the two weeks leading up to the draft had him being picked well before #20, with a good chunk having him at #10 or #11 (Broncos/Bengals).

Colbert has only traded up in the first round twice: for Troy Polamalu and Santonio Holmes. That should say something about the regard they held him in.

The knock on this draft is that the talent fell off after the top 9-10, but was deep on 2nd/3rd round caliber picks. The Steelers may have gotten one of the top 10 players, and one of their 3rd round picks (from the Raiders) is high enough in that round to be equivalent to a late 2nd round pick. They'll be fine.

Terrible pick. For a guy that is a playmaker he only
by Steelhop  (2019-04-25 23:03:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had 65 tackles, no forced fumbles in three years and 1 int in 3 years.

Steelers overreacted from last couple of years when they should had traded up to get William's and VDE. This year they traded for a workout warrior.

It's also odd in that they need skill guys
by bluengold07  (2019-04-25 23:06:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Conner is great, but you don't want him toting the ball 26 times every game. They obviously need a wide receiver, and they still haven't replaced Health Miller.

That said, as a Browns fan, I'm thrilled.

They have shown the ability to find WRs late in the
by steelhop  (2019-04-26 04:31:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Draft. I’d of rather had Fant, who went 20th and still had the 2nd rounder to get a Love or something like that. Bush was no where close to Whites talent. This was a poor ILB draft class. Way better to fill other needs than reach for Bush. If anything in today’s NFL has shown, you need offense more than defense. The Steelers issues on defense was not creating turnovers. Great draft a guy that doesn’t do that.

Goddell should ask him for a revenge tour shirt.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2019-04-25 22:06:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can find those pretty cheap I hear.

And #12 *
by Dan93  (2019-04-25 21:40:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lots of concern in Packerland about that pick. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-04-25 23:47:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UM 15 Florida 45, December 29, 2018. Note that Florida lost
by 1NDGal  (2019-04-25 21:59:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia (but Georgia was prettay good last year).

We probably shouldn't gloat about blowouts on that day *
by bluengold07  (2019-04-25 22:55:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clemson embarrassed Bama a week later. Let me gloat. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-04-25 23:42:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But Michigan wasn't playing with a full deck.
by domer4  (2019-04-27 22:28:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not that I would ever want to somehow pardon a Michigan loss.... But they had guys sitting out who were "draft likely" - Bush, Gary, Hidgon, and somebody else.

That was a drop off in talent, plus the "psychological" effect on the rest of the team that playing the Peach Bowl wasn't that important since many of the leaders of the team weren't there.