Hunter Renfrow in the 5th round?
by NDde (2019-04-28 01:11:24)

You've got to be kidding me. The kid played his butt off at Clemson, but he is not an NFL receiver. The Raiders are nuts.

Everybody looking for the next Welker/Edelman
by Doggie  (2019-04-28 11:05:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In round 5, you're taking long shots anyway, trying to catch lightning in a bottle so to speak.

Well, neither Josh Adams nor Te'von Coney...
by NDde  (2019-04-29 05:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

were good enough to get drafted in the 5th round. I doubt they were viewed as long shots going into their respective drafts.

Edelman a far superior combine athlete and college
by Raoul  (2019-04-28 11:50:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

athlete as he played QB.

Welker was more similar athletically. But he was undrafted (appropriately) and yet way, way more productive in college his final two years (almost 100 balls as a senior).

I think the height and white is about the greatest match. Otherwise this draft seems crazy. Refrow is more Chris Finke than Welker and especially Edelman.

Yes. Edelman is a beast.
by NDde  (2019-04-29 05:37:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No disrespect to Renfrow, but he is not in Edelman's league from an athletic standpoint. Plus, Renfrow benefits from being surrounded by great wide receivers (i.e. he's kind of a forgotten man), whereas Edelman is the main guy on the Patriots.

I like Finke, but Renfrow has made numerous plays I've never
by tdiddy07  (2019-04-28 12:07:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seen Finke make. He has very good hands and has made a lot of very athletic catches over his career. And he played option qb in high school and was Clemson's emergency qb once Bryant left.

I think Renfrow compares favorably to Edelman or Hogan catching the football. I don't know how the combine numbers stack up or whether Renfrow can stack up to Edelman's quickness.

Finke: 49 for 571 and 2TD. Refrow 49 for 544 and 1TD.
by Raoul  (2019-04-28 14:47:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As for Edelman, he was a superior athlete. Hogan is 6'1" 205 and benched 225 28X which is crazy (Edelman 14X), whereas Refrow did 7X. Hogan played College LAX. Beyond being white he and Refrow are not comparable. Edelman and Welker and Finke are more comparable. But Finke will likely never play again after ND.

BTW - he's similar to Cole Beaseley except Cole had way better measurables (38in Vertical, 17X bench and 4.49 40) and was way more productive in college at SMU averaging 1K years and 80+ catches final 2 seasons.

Renfrow doesn't measure up as an NFL athlete and it would shock me if he's even in the league in 2 years (probably get 1-2 just because of where drafted regardless of how unable to contribute).

They both are similar to Pat Eilers and he lasted a while
by btd  (2019-04-29 21:36:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for the Vikings I think.