We at least know that Bob Belden's father attended
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-05-09 20:55:13)

In reply to: way off the front page *  posted by olson

Notre Dame.

When it came time to pick a college, Notre Dame was an easy choice. His father and two uncles went to Notre Dame. Belden was the seventh of seven Beldens to go to Notre Dame during his generation.

“It was always my dream to play at Notre Dame,” he said. “I didn’t get to play as much as I wanted.”

His timing wasn’t great.

Belden played behind Terry Hanratty and Joe Theismann, both of whom would go on to win Super Bowl rings.

by olson  (2019-05-09 22:44:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Believe it was his uncle
by SixShutouts66  (2019-05-09 23:56:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bob has an interview for the 1969 class blog (Walsh69 if I remember). here is an excerpt from an interview with Bob which indicates Bill Belden was an uncle:

My cousin, Bill Belden, Jr., became president of Belden Brick in 1983. He called and asked me to return to Canton as vice president of marketing, including market and sales analysis. I could not refuse.

As an added note, the Dept of Science had a basketball league in the spring. Our math squad was quite good until March 17th when Ara called Mr Belden back to duty and we reappeared as a bunch of nerds.