The Texas/SC Bru McCoy saga
by knutesteen (2019-05-29 13:56:31)

5 star receiver committed to SC, Kliff Kingsbury left from SC's offensive coordinator to the NFL, so he entered the transfer portal. Came to UT, participated in Spring practice and now, either due to homesickness or the possibility that Urban Meyer will be the SC coach sooner than later, is now in L.A. when Summer conditioning at UT should have him in Austin. Today comes a full-court press by a host of UT coaches and QB Sam Ehlinger to woo him back.
There was a time that UT was pretty confident McCoy would be immediately eligible due to Kingsbury's departure. Now they're just hoping they can keep him, as Spring practice suggested he would be a major contributor this season.

I'm surprised a player, Sam Ehlinger, can make that
by TWO  (2019-05-29 14:57:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trip and no violate NCAA rules.

Why?
by KeoughCharles05  (2019-05-29 17:53:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's traveling to visit a classmate.

I imagine the rules might be different if he had enrolled somewhere else.

I guess if he paid his own way.
by TWO  (2019-05-29 18:11:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would no doubt be ok, but if the University pays his way and covers his room/food that would seem iffy, but I guess not.

Otherwise no way would Texas compliance let him go as much as he means to the success of Texas in 2019. No way they risk any penalty. But clearly it's not just him visiting with his teammate.

Heard today that he was going to be in CA for a QB camp
by knutesteen  (2019-05-30 12:41:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

anyway, so he may well have paid his own way.