Ath Dept Revenues from Conferences ..
by TWO (2019-06-03 15:26:15)

I see that the B12 has said it will distribute 38.8M per team for 2018-2019.

Big 10 will dole out 54M per team.

The SEC will hand out 43M per team.

The ACC will dole out 29.5M per team and ND will get 7.9M from the ACC, new ACC Network will no doubt up the revenue for the teams.

Pac 12 teams will get around 36M per team.

Irish stuck with the NBC deal which is reportedly around 15M add the 7.9M from the ACC and we'll be around 23M. The lowest of any Power 5 team. I don't think anybody blames revenue for the last 20 years of Irish football, but money allows for more pay for better coaches, for better facilities, for larger staffs (just look at Saban's operation). It is a factor. If we had an extra 20M per year coming in I don't know how they'd spend it, on a new Baseball coach who could actually coach? I just know that it would seem like eventually it's going to be a factor in the health of our athletic programs, including football.

I'm skeptical about these numbers
by UpperEastSideIrish  (2019-06-21 13:46:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen reports that they're truly "Revenue" and don't include costs taken out before dissemination to the schools (which then have their own expenses).

I doubt we're that far behind.

Cable companies are dumping low hanging fruit
by Irish Warrior  (2019-06-05 19:14:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This doesn't bode well for ESPN or many of these conferences who've teamed up with them.

Two points about that $20M
by pmoose  (2019-06-04 05:23:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Others have already pointed out the likely inaccuracy of that $20M, but let us assume it is correct.

1. $20M represents 0.15% of Notre Dame's endowment.
2. Notre Dame just spent $500M on a stadium expansion...err...I mean...University multi-use building.

If Notre Dame wants to spend the money to get the best coaches and improve the results for the sports teams at the school, Notre Dame can do it. We have the money and we have demonstrated we will spend it on athletics. What I question on the stadium expansion is if it was really motivated towards giving the football team the right resources to be successful or to help increase football ticket revenues.

I've always been suspicious of the Big 10's claims.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-06-03 21:17:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those Northwestern Rutgers women's softball games
by Irish Warrior  (2019-06-05 13:46:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bringing in more than expected? At some point, this ponzi scheme is going to end and when it does, it'll be magnificent.

Why does ND get so little from ACC?
by jbrown_9999  (2019-06-03 16:05:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND belongs to ACC in all sports other than football and hockey.

Even if one assumes that football is responsible for 100% of ACC Network revenue, ND is not getting its "fair" share.

By playing 2.5 ACC away games each year, ND should expect to receive 31% (2.5/8 games) of a full share from ACC.

Instead, they get less than 27% ($7.9/$29.5). Again, this assumes that football drives the entire revenue split.

How did ND allow itself to agree to media agreements that give it less than any other Power Five team?

This analysis is all wrong
by OrangeJubilee  (2019-06-04 09:54:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We don't give the ACC teams playing us any of the NBC money, it's how home games work. Likewise we don't get TV money from the Big Ten playing their teams on the road, and they don't get our NBC money.

The fact that ND gets some share of the ACC football money just shows they valued us a lot to do the deal they did.

Your conclusions were all wrong, Ryan
by Zbirdman  (2019-06-13 16:56:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swarbrick acted stupidly.

ND gets 1/5 of full share of ESPN money
by ndzippy  (2019-06-03 19:10:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Irish will receive a full share of revenue from the new ACC Network deal.

That $15 million figure is 20 years old
by nycirish89  (2019-06-03 15:56:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it was just a supposition back then. As incompetent as our AD is I'd have to think that the rights fees for ND football have risen with the general tide over the years. The thing is we will never know unless it is somewhere in Comcast's financials.

I agree we don't know but it's what is still being widely
by TWO  (2019-06-03 16:15:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

reported in the media.