Tim Brown and Jerome Bettis
by Sec15Row37Guy (2019-06-28 21:15:20)

As a transportation volunteer for the US Senior Open, I was fortunate to talk to both of these gentlemen at the Warren Golf Course today. They were awesome and so gracious with their time to anyone who approached them. Both were on my Mt. Rushmore of Notre Dame football before today and now it's gonna take some doing to knock them off. (FYI, Joe Montana and The Rocket are the other 2 on my ND Football Mt. Rushmore)

One of my favorite Tim Brown moments
by Camarillo Brillo  (2019-07-03 14:21:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

( and I have more than a few)

After he won the Heisman Trophy, a reporter asked him if he thought playing at ND gave him more of an advantage to win the award he simply responded ā€œIā€™m not apologizing to anyone for attending the University of Notre Dame.ā€ I am paraphrasing of course but you get the gist.

I had to laugh when they were interviewing Tim
by TWO  (2019-06-29 17:45:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and he said that after Terry Andrysiak went down in '87 that they had to run the wishbone because Tony Rice wasn't ready to throw the ball. I think Lou did run some full house in the red zone, but I don't remember any wishbone.

I remember Holtz running a lot of full house
by jt  (2019-07-01 01:43:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think that he did have the wishbone in there and ran that against teams in 86 and 87, but I'm not positive.

He could always find the bubble--his whole running game philosophy boiled down to (basically) the defense having to have an odd number of guys to one side (5) and that if he could find a way to run to that bubble he could consistently get yards. The full house/double tight is the best way to force them to tip their hand and it gives you possibly two lead blockers out of the backfield (assuming no fake).

Rice scored in the '88 Miami game out of the wishbone. *
by Carlos Huerta  (2019-06-30 11:15:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He probably just meant....
by supernd  (2019-06-29 22:09:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That they ran alot of option.