Suppose Southern Cal has a good season (they make the
by ArasEra (2019-07-05 15:09:10)

playoffs or win the PAC 12 Championship and make the Rose Bowl and beat either or both ND and UCLA).

Do you believe they'd make a play for Corch Irvin Meyers under that scenario?

who better to coach a team sprinkled with
by abqgant  (2019-07-07 18:21:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

psychopaths, faux students, players with steroid enhanced man boobs, etc.

Irv can coach 'em up and bring 'em all together. I believe we'd even see OJ back watching practices.

Wait! We talkin practice? Practice!!?

It’ll be like Peas and Carrots, Peanut Butter and Jelly.
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-10 18:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Match made in Hades.

It’s a lock. Swann kept Helton because Urban wasn’t ready to move yet — he has a life-threatening condition of some kind — but by January 2020 Helton is a goner and Urban will be fully mobile.

Do you really need to ask?
by SWPaDem  (2019-07-06 20:39:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess it depends on if you also happen to suppose...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-07-05 19:38:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that pigs and Eleanor Roosevelt could fly.

You're supposing that Eleanor Roosevelt couldn't fly.
by volley  (2019-07-07 21:06:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A naive assumption.

I thought everyone knew she could. *
by abqgant  (2019-07-08 18:42:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meyer will be in L.A. in time for Spring ball. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-05 19:22:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I disagree
by bluengold07  (2019-07-05 21:26:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s smart enough to pick his spots well. That’s a job with not great fan support and so-so talent currently on the roster. I also think he craves the atmosphere that comes along with college football, and 30,000 empty seats in LA (save the ND game) isn’t that.

If I had to guess — Florida State in two years

Why would he want to compete annually with Clemson?
by EFH4ND  (2019-07-07 02:43:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At SC, who would be his in-conference competition? Washington? SC has demonstrated it can (should) sustain a national championship contending team in the (relatively) recent past. The talent is available and the university is likely going to be completely submissive to his management, or lack-thereof. I can't think of an easier operation to jump into and play savior.

Florida State is currently imploding financially.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-07-06 20:58:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Season ticket sales are dropping through the floor and they’ve fallen significantly behind in the facilities arms race. It’s no surprise that Jimbo jumped ship as soon as he got a better offer. It’s highly unlikely that FSU could match any financial package that deep-pocketed USC could offer. Meyer to USC is as good a bet as Brian Kelly calling an end zone fade.

And all the Southern Cal-toids will lap it up...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-07-05 20:03:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when he declares that it was USC -- and not Notre Dame, Florida, or Ohio State -- that was his dream job all along.

Such a fervent, sacred wish he dared not speak it aloud.
by 1NDGal  (2019-07-06 11:54:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Florida and tOSU were the most that his humble heart could fathom.

If the Anti-Pope is interested, SC will welcome him . . .
by EFH4ND  (2019-07-05 17:55:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

without any need for pretext. Helton's security is entirely dependent on Meyer's commitment to "retirement".