Golden Tate lost his four-game suspension appeal. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-08-13 16:01:22)

Here's what USADA says about clomiphene (link)
by knutesteen  (2019-08-14 15:35:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He sounds legit to me
by quasimodo  (2019-08-14 14:12:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read the whole story when it came out. He was taking some fertility treatment.Found out that it was on the banned substances list. Reported it to the team and league officials, and later on failed a drug test.

His point is that he self reported prior to a drug test, stopped as soon as he found out, and since it was off season not an attempt to cheat.

Sounds legit to me (depending on what drugs he took). Another case of self reporting gone bad.

This judgement will cost him plenty from lost salary as I also understand it.

Q

I thought he self-reported only after being randomly tested
by MCB  (2019-08-14 16:57:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but before the results?

We havent heard both sides yet.
by 84david  (2019-08-14 10:22:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A pitcher on the A’s was suspended this year
for PEDs and had a similar excuse at appeal (prescribed
drug, didnt know was a PED). During his appeal,
not only could he not produce the prescription
or name the drug, he couldnt recall the name
of the “doctor.”

Note that Tate hasnt publicly named what the fertility drug was.
It may be that GT is telling the truth. But there
are probably more facts forthcoming.

Edelman was suspended for “unknown substance.” He never
by inigomontoya  (2019-08-14 14:08:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

officially admitted to be guilty but it was implied if watch the showtime special on him.

He was coming off an ACL repair, I don’t really blame him If was trying to improve his recovery.

he lost his appeal too.

Unfortunate for Tate but has to improve TJ Jones chances
by JACC1203  (2019-08-14 09:36:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of making the NYG roster.

Jones had 6 catches for 72 yards including a very nice TD catch, albeit against the 3rd string defense.

The Giants had TJ returning punts at the start of the game
by knutesteen  (2019-08-14 11:49:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So assuming that goes well, that may bolster his chances of sticking around.

So did he lie and shamelessly use a false infertility claim?
by squid  (2019-08-14 07:55:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would like to see the evidence he presented and the appeal ruling. Is it public. I couldn’t find it.

I think it is simply a zero-tolerance rule. "You should
by Clarence Beeks  (2019-08-14 10:00:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

know what you but in your body. No excuses."

I hope that is the case.
by Hometown fan  (2019-08-14 10:15:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a little concerned because Golden recently fathered a child. I am not sure why he needed the fertility drug. Hopefully it is as he stated, because he has been very outspoken against former teammates who were popped by the policy. I hope he is not "that guy" whose actions were different than his words.

So Eli will be standing 5s after the snap
by knutesteen  (2019-08-13 20:22:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with the OL upgrades, but he won't have anyone other than Engram and Barkley to whom to throw. Can you say 300+ carries for Saquon?