Wazzu boys will be challenged on Gameday Aug 24th
by TWO (2019-08-13 17:46:08)
Edited on 2019-08-13 17:46:37

for the Miami/Florida game. Gameday set will be on the Disney World property, and all rules will be enforced, you of course can't get in without a ticket.

Now the Colors for Washington State have flown at every Gameday set since Oct 18, 2003 in Austin Texas for the Texas/Kansas game. It's over 200 hundred straight Gameday sets that they have flown the Washington State Colors, I stood next to those guys at the Stanford game in 2012.

Disney park rules specifically state...

flags and banners are not allowed in the park.

I think the boys from Pullman will beat that rule, might get arrested or thrown out, but they will prevail.

what a compelling storyline *
by Bertrand  (2019-08-15 13:12:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ooh, did ACross get a second handle? *
by milhouse  (2019-08-15 18:42:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can picture it now - a man proudly walking in to Gameday,
by golfjunkie17  (2019-08-14 12:26:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

flag waving above the crowd. ESPN camera crew filming the scene, the streak is displayed on a banner at the bottom of the screen. Kirk and Lee exchange funny stories about the flag. Then a rent-a-cop come running and just levels the guy with the flag, screaming “you can’t have flags or banners in here, punk!”

I’m guessing they’ll figure something out well in advance, and we’ll never hear anything about it.

It's 10 days out now, and they haven't made
by TWO  (2019-08-14 14:54:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

any concessions public. Plus I have to say that having GameDay so far from the venue is a terrible idea, it guarantees that fans attending the game won't be at GameDay.

The Gameday producers are very supportive of the ...
by Rocksteady74  (2019-08-13 21:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... Wazzu streak (on of my former partners is a prime mover of the enterprise). My bet is that it is allowed.

Yeah, I'm betting they'll allow banners for that day.
by Wooderson  (2019-08-14 12:59:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not just the Wazzu flag, there's usually a load of school banners each week.

Disney owns ESPN, I think they'll make the exception this time.

Shoot, ESPN will probably bring an extra just to be sure *
by ndzippy  (2019-08-15 06:55:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post