Dont get me started
by leahy (2019-08-14 18:52:12)

In reply to: off the front page (link)  posted by olson

Twombly was a joke.
He was a horrendous writer and or family never approved the final version of the book.

As you pointed out..his facts were often way off.
Once again a great write up.
Thanks

I read that book many, many years ago.
by Dennis  (2019-08-14 19:08:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I felt all the way through it that Twombly had an axe to grind with ND and he went out of his way to do so. Unfortunately, he did a disservice to Frank Leahy in the process. If I ever wrote a book on Leahy, it would point out w/o question his love for his alma mater and especially for Rockne. Along with his family that was his life.

I was waiting for you to chime in on this.
by Fresno Mike  (2019-08-14 19:07:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I bought the book when it came out oh so many years ago. Still have it but view it now with a jaundiced eye.

Read Leahys Lads
by leahy  (2019-08-14 21:12:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Its a great book.
Great insights to the personalities of all his players

I have it and it is. *
by Fresno Mike  (2019-08-15 12:28:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post