Former Domers in the NFL (preseason)
by JACC1203 (2019-08-16 21:51:40)

*I posted this on the subreddit for ND football, but there isn't very much traffic on their site, so I thought I would post it here as well for those who are interested.

From Thursday's preseason games:

Packers

Deshone Kizer: only played a few drives. While he did move the offense (against the 1st string Baltimore defense) he looked awfully shaky. You can tell he is really lacking confidence by the way he either panicking in the pocket or he stared down one WR. Even when he has time to throw, his throws are lame ducks or the WR had to make an acrobatic catch on what should be an easy completion. He finished 5/10 70 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Dexter Williams: Awful game. He tried to one hand a screen pass and dropped the ball. Yeah, it wasn't the best pass and the D was set up to stop it anyway but he has to make that catch. He also fumbled the ball on a hand off around the 5 yard line which led to a Baltimore TD. I'm not sure who was to blame (the QB or Dexter) b/c it looked like he had no idea he was supposed to take the hand off. He had a nice 15 yard run that got called back for holding. He finished with 3 carries for 5 yards and 1 catch for 4 yards.

Equanimeous St. Brown: 0 catches and was only targeted 1 time.

Ravens

Miles Boykin: Rough Night. 0 catches and was only targeted 3x. Announcer erroneously blamed Boykin for one drop but review showed it was an awful pass by the QB- Trace McSorely

Michael Floyd: 0 catches and 0 targets. He did see some game action but only to block. I will be surprised if he makes the team.

Bennett Jackson: I was surprised to see Jackson. I forgot he was on the team last year. He saw same late game action and laid out a TE on one play. Finished with 3 tackles.

Eagles

Josh Adams: Finished with 5 carries for 7 yards and 1 TD. Had 1 catch for 19 yards. Josh will also have a hard time making the final roster despite how nicely he filled in for the Eagles when all their RBs were getting hurt.

Jaguars

Ben Koyack: Finished with 2 catches for 17 yards. Long of 15 yards.

Bengals

Tyler Eifert: 0 catches and only targeted 1x. Bengals coach apparently had told the media Eifert would play only 1 series as he is coming back from yet another devastating injury.

Kevarie Russell: I am not sure if he even played. I know he is on the team but from what I have watched from Bengals first 2 pre-season games, Russell has not played.

Raiders

Te'von Coney: Finished with 3 tackles playing in the last few drives of the game. Along with Dexter Williams, I am pulling hard for Coney to make the final roster, but there are a lot of LBs in front of him right now.

Replies: