RIP Cedric Benson
by TWO (2019-08-18 11:53:42)

Known as El Ced to Texas fans.
Motorcycle accident in Austin. He was 36

Again? *
by 84david  (2019-08-19 10:31:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That cat has got nine lives. *
by hibernianangst  (2019-08-20 17:34:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was just wondering on Friday whatever had happened to him
by wiNDycityfan  (2019-08-19 09:08:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I still have his #32 Bears jersey.

RIP Ced. Thanks for nothing on that Super Bowl fumble.

Mt Bonnell Road last night
by knutesteen  (2019-08-18 14:45:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also killed his female passenger. My usual route to/from downtown to avoid MoPac. Not easily negotiated in some spots, but from the article, the accident may have been an intersection collision, as the address is in the flat, straight portion just off of 2222.

Oh man
by HTownND  (2019-08-19 11:29:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's over by St. Theresa's right?

I've been through that intersection a gazillion times.

How tragic.

EDIT
Just googled, yep, I know that stretch exactly, before you get to the hill that crests at 2222.

Turns out it was at intersection of 2222 and Mt. Bonnell
by knutesteen  (2019-08-19 14:20:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The northern part of Mt. Bonnell which is in effect in a valley between two hills; you descend on 2222, reach an intersection from the right, then ascend up to the recently new light at the part of Mt. Bonnell on theleft that is windy and actually goes up to the top.
The intersection where the fiery crash happened when he was going west on 2222 and apparently broadsided a minivan turning left to go east on 2222 has a very limited site distance and several years ago I actually had a car pull out in front of me in the same fashion, causing me to swerve twice, to miss the other car and then to remain in the westbound lanes. Not good.

So he was on 2222
by HTownND  (2019-08-19 15:34:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just googled the block of Mt Bonnell that was listed.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have friends in the area, and they only make the right from Mt. Bonnell, because of the trees and everything, as you note, you just can't see. That intersection is tough. Just a tragic situation.