My brother fighting the good fight for natural grass fields
by Voisman (2019-08-18 15:55:27)

He should talk with Bill Murray (link)
by Fresno Mike  (2019-08-20 15:51:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's the expert.

My reading comprehension must be off
by kenandmar76  (2019-08-19 22:16:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seemed like it was a story containing a bunch of quotes from high school coaches who preferred grass but acknowledged cost effectiveness and suitability for high schools with increased demand and low supply of field space in climate with difficult grass growing conditions. If your brother was fighting for something, it was pretty nuanced fight.

I thought people LIKED natural grass here
by Voisman  (2019-08-20 15:02:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

oh well

His brother refused to prarticipate in such an article *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-08-20 04:06:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's trending to artificial turf in the Houston area
by TWO  (2019-08-18 20:27:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All the school districts around here have pretty new or new stadiums, all are artificial turf. They have to hold up to playing multiple games every week, and it's too hard to maintain a quality grass field.

No doubt maintaining fields requires investment
by Voisman  (2019-08-19 13:42:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

obviously there are limitations to grass fields that turf addresses - weather, multiple games on same day, etc. From a player safety standpoint, I would want my kids playing on grass all the time.

You should see the baseball field - Marvelous. Sadly, for what he does my bro is woefully underpaid.