Let the Daniel Jones era begin! *
by knutesteen (2019-09-22 19:27:35)

This user did not provide content for this post

I watched the game. Observation of Jones in pocket vs Book
by Hanratty5ND  (2019-09-22 20:41:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First off--I was very impressed overall with Jones. I think he has the size/arm and smarts to be a star in the league.

Secondly, as it relates to Book and ND--his pocket presence is something Book could learn from.

Numerous times Jones had major pressure or the pocket collapsing around him.
He stood tall and stepped up in the pocket many times,eluding the rush, and threw accurate darts downfield.

Book,possibly because he is short,seems to leave the pocket all too quick instead of stepping up or to the side to deliver the pass.

I know that Jones got good coaching from Cutcliffe at Duke. I'm not so sure Book is getting the same coaching at ND. If he is,he is slow to learn.

Jones has better pocket presence than Eli. *
by 84david  (2019-09-23 09:11:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very accurate assessment of each QB *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-09-23 08:45:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can guarantee Book isn't getting the same coaching. *
by NDBass  (2019-09-22 22:20:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Something changed against Georgia
by Irish Warrior  (2019-09-23 10:48:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He seemed more poised, wasn't as anxious to leave the pocket and adjusted to pressure much better than he had in the previous 2 games. Who knows what that was, maybe something "clicked" or maybe it was coaching. I'd hope it was the latter, but sense it was probably the former.

Sorry, my post wasn't clear.
by NDBass  (2019-09-23 13:14:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was referring to Jones being coached by Cutcliffe and Book being coached by Kelly. I know there are QB coaches in between, but I'd be shocked if Cutcliffe didn't have his hands on things, if necessary.

Special kind of stupid by Arians there. Took 7 yards
by Carlos Huerta  (2019-09-22 19:46:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

away from his team with the in explicable delay of game and then the kneel two yards behind the LOS. In the past decade in the NFL field goals from 27 yards were 96.4%, from 34 yards they're 87.2. Brutal.

Bet that kicker and his yellow hi-liter shoes are gone
by slats  (2019-09-22 22:41:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tomorrow