Peave on NBC coverage re: 'greatest....rivalry'
by oldtownirish (2019-10-14 11:33:43)

I actually think that we can argue that Notre Dame-Southern Cal stands as the greatest rivalry in college football. No qualifier needed.

So, I was disappointed to hear Mike Tirico resort merely to saying it's the greatest 'intersectional' rivalry. The rivalry has seen more nat'l titles, Heisman winners, and All-Americans than Harvard-Yale, Auburn-Alabama, or any other. Nuff said.

On the term “intersectional”
by IrishGeek  (2019-10-14 18:23:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think ND USC is the greatest college football intersectional rivalry the way the White House is America’s greatest Presidential Residence.

In all fairness, Army-Navy tops us *
by SixShutouts66  (2019-10-14 16:03:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hear it's great to attend in person
by KeoughCharles05  (2019-10-15 12:02:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never been able to enjoy watching the game on TV.

Agree. That’s the one non-ND game I watch every year.
by Bruno95  (2019-10-15 11:28:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I love the fact that Army is better again.

LA Times had an article on it last week
by S---Alley2  (2019-10-14 13:14:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Showing how much bigger it is than all the others (Bama/Auburn, OSU/Michigan, etc).

Yikes, they misspelled "categories" *
by Milhouse  (2019-10-15 11:50:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't afford an editor in LA
by S---Alley2  (2019-10-15 12:30:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I question calling the current stretch "parity." At the same time, they called out USC's vacated wins and not ND's, so I guess it's ok.

There are some great fan comments, too.
by Milhouse  (2019-10-15 11:51:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As much as I liked the SC girl who was dumped by her Notre Dame boyfriend, I prefer this one from a Notre Dame '75 guy: "Can it be called a rivalry when one school wins all the time?"