Agree. I'm a lifelong Packer fan and I feel dirty *
by Jvan (2019-10-15 00:09:57)

In reply to: I’m a Packers fan  posted by manofdillon

This user did not provide content for this post

Meh, the calls did not decide the game.
by ndroman21  (2019-10-15 13:08:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There were 10 minutes left when the first one was made. The Lions subsequently gave up a TD on the drive from their own 40.

They made 1 first down on the following drive.

Then they gave up a long drive into FG territory before the 2nd call. The 2nd one obviously iced the game, but the Lion's odds with around 50 seconds left and no timeouts weren't that great anyway.

Besides, after the Fail Mary call with Seattle a few years back, I will feel remorse for nothing.

Yes and no...
by Kbyrnes  (2019-10-15 15:00:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...On a holistic level, one TD instead of a FG would have won the game for the Lions. On a game situation level, the 1st down instead of 4th down on the first hands-to-the-face penalty may not have been utterly decisive, but it was probably pretty much so. Also, the no-call on a very easy-to-call PI that would have significantly increased the Lions' chance of scoring at least 3 more points was quite weighty in the game situation, I believe.

Why didn’t Detroit challenge the Pass interference *
by Bellcon  (2019-10-15 16:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because
by HTownND  (2019-10-16 15:15:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NFL has shown they are extremely adverse to overturning calls (or non calls) when they have been.

There was a clear PI on Thursday night, it wasn't called initially, it was challenged, and despite crystal clear evidence of PI, wasn't changed.

I think coaches have gotten wise to the fact that unless it's game changing egregious (the Saints game), the replay for PI is a sham.

They should have.
by ndroman21  (2019-10-15 17:15:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not because it likely would have been overturned, but it would have been one more data point in the farce that PI enforcement has become.

There were missed PI calls both ways.
by ndroman21  (2019-10-15 15:20:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t consider that call nearly as egregious as the hands the the face penalties that were pretty clearly phantom fouls.

The Lions could have still held after the penalty or on the Packers’ last drive and won the game, no?

The call when Rodgers was sacked on 3rd down
by Jvan  (2019-10-15 14:32:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

....was most certainly decisive. There is no way the Pack would have won without that gift first down.

I've been a Packer fan for much longer than you and I still know a bullshit call when a see it. When things even out, and they always do, I expect you to howl like a stuck pig over the injustice.

Disagree, there were 10 minutes left at the time.
by ndroman21  (2019-10-15 15:18:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Detroit only achieved (1) 1st down on the subsequent drive and ate up around 2 minutes like they did, GB would have had the ball back with 7:30 or 8:00 to go needing 2 scores. Not insurmountable.

Honestly, Jvan, why do you consistently decide to make things personal when someone disagrees with you? Sure, you’ve been a fan longer. You’re older than me. Nothing can change that. But having been born and raised within 30 miles of Green Bay, I’ve been a fan literally my entire life.

As to calls evening out, that was kinda the point of my line about the Fail Mary. The Lions aren’t the first team and won’t be the last team to experience a critical bad call. The Packers have been through it themselves. I also didn't say they weren't bullshit calls. They certainly were. But they didn't decide the game themselves, and Packers' fans shouldn't apologize for them.

Your posting history
by Jvan  (2019-10-15 15:55:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

....makes you so utterly predictable. When there is something controversial to be discussed, your responses are always framed by your rooting bias. You never, ever, post an objective or intelligent analysis. Your responses do not attempt to consider that logic dictates an answer that is contrary to your team's interests. While I'm sure such blind loyalty is appreciated in some circles, it's the main reason why I do not respect you.