Yes and no...
by Kbyrnes (2019-10-15 15:00:29)

In reply to: Meh, the calls did not decide the game.  posted by ndroman21

...On a holistic level, one TD instead of a FG would have won the game for the Lions. On a game situation level, the 1st down instead of 4th down on the first hands-to-the-face penalty may not have been utterly decisive, but it was probably pretty much so. Also, the no-call on a very easy-to-call PI that would have significantly increased the Lions' chance of scoring at least 3 more points was quite weighty in the game situation, I believe.

Why didn’t Detroit challenge the Pass interference *
by Bellcon  (2019-10-15 16:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because
by HTownND  (2019-10-16 15:15:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NFL has shown they are extremely adverse to overturning calls (or non calls) when they have been.

There was a clear PI on Thursday night, it wasn't called initially, it was challenged, and despite crystal clear evidence of PI, wasn't changed.

I think coaches have gotten wise to the fact that unless it's game changing egregious (the Saints game), the replay for PI is a sham.

They should have.
by ndroman21  (2019-10-15 17:15:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not because it likely would have been overturned, but it would have been one more data point in the farce that PI enforcement has become.

There were missed PI calls both ways.
by ndroman21  (2019-10-15 15:20:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t consider that call nearly as egregious as the hands the the face penalties that were pretty clearly phantom fouls.

The Lions could have still held after the penalty or on the Packers’ last drive and won the game, no?