Is Ed Orgeron a better coach than we all thought?
by mkovac (2019-10-15 18:33:48)

I always saw him as a bit of a buffoon, and so did USC, it seems in letting him go.

What did I miss, if anything?

he hired the right OC, defense is still a big question. *
by discNDav  (2019-10-16 08:42:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's excellent on the recruiting trail.... knows talent... *
by cj  (2019-10-15 22:20:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let’s see how LSU finishes the season.
by MobileIrish  (2019-10-15 21:36:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coach O has made all of the right moves so far this season. He seems to have learned from his mistakes at Mississippi. LSU still plays Auburn and Alabama. If he wins those games, then he certainly would be a candidate for Coach of the Year.

Orgeron also benefits from coaching in Louisiana. He is a south Louisiana guy. Fans there can understand him. Louisiana also has a great base of talent. I don’t know how successful he would be at other places outside of Louisiana.

I think this is the correct answer....
by supernd  (2019-10-16 19:10:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me and some friends were discussing this the other day. Is there a more perfect job for Orgeron? He's not a guy who'll beat you with his players and then take your players and beat his.. He is a monster recruiter and he smarted up this time and decided to let his OC and DC run their side of the ball. Oh and who the Hell can understand him outside of Louisiana?

He's smart enough to surround himself with talented coaches. *
by Ryno  (2019-10-15 20:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post