Who was the best?
by Aguirretwog (2020-02-03 14:13:25)

In reply to: 38th straight yr with an ND FB recruit from Illinois  posted by olson

Olson, your post re Ara and the CCL got me thinking that even among those who were recruited, there were few standouts. In today's terms Vito R would have been a “5 star” and Tony Carey, Joe Farrell, Nick Rassas et al were already at ND when Ara arrived. Would Terry Brennan also have had the most (only) impactful career of any CCL product during the era of Ara?

also off the front page *
by olson  (2020-02-03 14:40:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Standring came to my parish school to promote Leo...
by Scoop80  (2020-02-03 20:42:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ca. 1971. He wore his ND Cotton Bowl blazer. Leo used to still get guys from 'burbs then--a # of guys from my 8th grade class (including one who was a star RB at Leo) went there.

I saw Bobowski play for St. Viator in his sr. year and my frosh year at Marist. They were ranked #1 in state at time.