one losing season at CU, Mich St fans much be thrilled *
by ColoNDFan (2020-02-12 16:01:32)

In reply to: Colorado's Mel Tucker appears to be Spartan's new coach *  posted by jbrown_9999

This user did not provide content for this post

2 CU grads I work with are very disappointed to lose him
by sprack  (2020-02-13 14:35:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They say the team looked 100% better under him than before, with a roster that's pretty thin on talent.

I don't really agree with that
by jt  (2020-02-13 15:08:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I've been to several games both years and met both coaching staffs.

Mac (whom I didn't really like to be honest) did a good job rebuilding the program and had a really good year in 16. In 18 he had a ton of injuries and despite starting off pretty well they faded badly down the stretch. Personal feelings aside, I think that they should have stuck with him. I think that they had pretty good talent last year and they still finished about the same and even got blown out some games. They lost to AFA on their own home field and that was a big disappointment, though they did beat Nebraska.

Overall I would say that the staff was an upgrade, especially the OL coach. Tucker always seemed like a short timer, and I don't think that they would have minded it had "short time" been 2 or 3 years and he had them back on track with recruiting and development, etc.

They better be, he's costing MSU a lot of money.
by TWO  (2020-02-13 10:05:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reportedly they are paying his 3M buyout at Colorado, and paying him 5.5M/year which is more than HOF Basketball coach Tom Izzo who has a Nat'l Championship and multiple final fours.

So expectations have to be high if they are paying that kind of cash. I don't think Dantonio left him a loaded roster so I hope they are patient, because it's going to take awhile for him to rebuild the roster so he can compete with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. I don't think solid 4th place is the Big 10 West is what they are paying for with that salary.