Will transfers be permitted in conference?
by Groundhog (2020-02-17 19:30:47)

In reply to: ACC joins the Big 10 in supporting 1 time transfer  posted by TWO

Given how football schedules are made some years out, I've always thought that allowing players to transfer to a school that isn't in the same conference or on the non-conference schedule during the remaining eligibility of the player would be fair.

Restrict players but not coaches?
by jbrown_9999  (2020-02-18 08:27:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from transferring to future opponents? Would you treat football different from other sports in that regard?

I meant it more as a compromise
by Groundhog  (2020-02-19 00:47:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't restrict it, but I think there would be a lot less whining from the coaches if that were the case.

Coaches are restricted by contracts. *
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2020-02-18 13:19:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Contracts usually include a buyout
by pmoose  (2020-02-19 13:55:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coaches (or often their new employer) can and will pay the buyout. Student-athletes don't have that option.