off the front page *
by olson (2020-02-20 14:10:34)
Edited on 2020-04-29 10:14:55

This user did not provide content for this post

When Mark Harmon shows up on TV for CSI:Whatever,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-02-20 21:45:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will sometimes says to one of the boys, "His Dad won the Heisman playing at Michigan." Of course, Mark Harmon himself played ball at UCLA, which reminds me that Ed Marinaro played college ball at Syracuse and in the NFL as well with the Vikings before going into acting. Sometime, we need a list of football players who went into Hollywood (John Matusak, Fred Dryer, Burt Reynolds, OJ Simpson, John Wayne, and so on).

Also, I didn't realize Curly Lambeau had a son who played ball. I wonder if Cliff Christl, the historian for the Packers, has anything else on Don Lambeau.

And . . . Brett Fav-ruh from There's Something About Mary. *
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-02-21 15:29:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rosey Grier - The Thing With Two Heads *
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-02-21 16:13:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Roman Gabriel guesting on "Gilligan's Island". *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-02-21 17:32:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Paul Hornung, The Devil's Brigade and Semi-Tough * *
by dbldomer7375  (2020-02-22 07:36:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fred Williamson, “M*A*S*H” *
by Bacchus  (2020-02-24 21:47:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Hammer
by SWPaDem  (2020-02-24 22:08:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Green Bay didn't think so.

by olson  (2020-02-20 23:25:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually, I didn't know that about Matusak.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-02-21 10:57:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I think of old Raiders from Wisconsin, I immediately think of Jim Otto and Dave Casper.

Marinaro played at Cornell and was 2nd in the Heisman...
by Slotts  (2020-02-20 22:13:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to Pat Sullivan of Auburn.

Thanks - you're right on Cornell.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-02-20 22:29:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right state, wrong college.

Ed Marinaro and Joe Namath
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-02-21 14:50:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Story from Tony Kornheiser's piece "Off Broadway Joe"

One might Namath and Ed Marinaro, who was with the Jets then, are sitting in a New York bar, and it's well into the shank of the evening, and Namath is preparing to go home with a woman who is not, to be kind, a drop-dead beauty.

Marinaro: "Joe, you were my idol, all through college, and I just can't imagine you leaving a bar with anything less than a 10. And, to be honest, Joe, this woman, even on her best nights, is a six."

Namath: "Eddie, it's three in the morning, and Miss America just ain't coming in."

Olson, you out did yourself again. Fascinating stories! *
by Dennis  (2020-02-20 17:28:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed wholeheartedly!
by BeastOfBourbon  (2020-02-20 21:30:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Olson always has an audience with me.

Keep it comin’, my friend.