Who will be the 17th opponent in an expanded NFL schedule?
by Groundhog (2020-02-21 00:44:46)

The current 16-game format works very evenly with 8 divisions.

I hear the NFL might expand into Ohio.
by cmhirish  (2020-02-22 09:38:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps Cincinnati or Cleveland will be awarded an NFL franchise; though it will be tough for either of them to knock Dayton and Akron out of the running.

Columbus already has a franchise *
by Jvan  (2020-02-23 16:08:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The top two XFL teams *
by KeoughCharles05  (2020-02-21 20:46:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Washington Generals. *
by JOHNCARDINALOHARA  (2020-02-21 20:02:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The new team from London *
by Jvan  (2020-02-21 18:02:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You mean the re-located Jags?
by Wooderson  (2020-02-28 09:07:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Jags owner tried to buy Wembley for a reason...

Market is too saturated *
by ACross  (2020-02-24 15:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clemson *
by DBCooper  (2020-02-21 16:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wish they’d play the 17th game in college stadiums
by golfjunkie17  (2020-02-21 14:57:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I have a feeling it’ll be either foreign locations, or potential expansion locations (St. Louis, San Diego, etc.). I find it difficult to believe that the NFL won’t expand by 2-4 teams in the near future, and it seems Europe is the NFL’s preference.

I've said there should be Rivalry Day at college stadiums
by Queensman  (2020-02-21 15:24:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can do it with most teams. There would be an annual game between a "rival" between an NFC and AFC team at neutral or college field. Most teams could be matched pretty easily. Others would be a challenge or a bit of misfit. For example:

Steelers/Eagles - Beaver Stadium in State College
Cowboys/Texans - U of Texas - Austin
Bears/Colts - Notre Dame
Redskins/Ravens - Univ of Maryland or UVA
Niners/Raiders - Cal or Stanford
Lions/Browns - Ohio St or Michigan
Chiefs/Rams - Univ of Missouri

Others you would have to force feed, but it could be made to work.

I think you mean geographical proximity to a university day.
by cmhirish  (2020-02-22 09:27:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

None of the pairing you've proposed represent rivalries of any real significance.
Even geographical proximity doesn't hold water given the moves of the Rams and Raiders.

Unless you hate Eagles and Steelers fans, why would you
by HennaOrNo  (2020-02-22 00:29:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

punish them by sending them to Happy Valley?

Especially since a large portion of Steeler fans are Pitt
by btd  (2020-02-27 18:48:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fans and hate PSU.

I suspect it will be a game in europe or mexico *
by 84david  (2020-02-21 12:26:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They should shorten the pre-season then
by OITLinebacker  (2020-02-21 12:09:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and add an early and a late season bye that coincides with the extra game which I assume will be a "neutral" game overseas/non NFL domestic city. That way a team would get a bye week to make up for the extra travel.

I would think the players would be in favor of an extra off week to recover from a now even longer season.

I think that’s where it will end up *
by DBCooper  (2020-02-21 16:12:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The local paper says that the 17th game would be the only
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-02-21 10:59:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

way the Packers play in London. Up until now, the Packers have said absolutely "No" to playing any of their home games in London because of ticket demand and the impact on the local economy, and their road hosts have said "No" as well because Packers fans travel well and buy up lots of tickets.

This is just a guess
by goirishgo  (2020-02-21 10:07:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It will be another non conference rotating game based on divisional position. Ex: 1st in NFC Central plays 1st in AFC Central. 2nd plays 2nd, etc. All of these games would be neutral site (London, Berlin, Toronto, Montreal, Mexico City, Vancouver) with some non NFL US sites thrown in (San Antonio, Orlando). I would not be surprised if the stadium in Vegas gets a extra game or two on non Raiders home weekends.

Good guess *
by irishlaw2010  (2020-02-25 16:09:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post