College football attendance at 23-year low
by ndzippy (2020-03-10 17:01:07)

I hope ND's PTB are listening to Bama's AD:

Alabama AD Greg Byrne said there has been a "paradigm shift" away from neutral-site games. In the Nick Saban-era, the Crimson Tide have made a living (and nice payout) taking their significant brand to a neutral venue to kick off the season against a name opponent.

After the 2021 season, no more. Alabama has scheduled seven home-and-home series against Power Five opponents from 2023-33. During that decade, fans will get to see Texas, Wisconsin, Florida State, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and Oklahoma.

"The most valuable content is good, live contests on our campuses," Byrne said. "I've talked to schools who could have another [schedule] hole there to do a neutral-site game. No interest. They want content on their campuses."

This is a good move.
by RallyingSon  (2020-03-15 09:47:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I heard some stats guy claim that college football has a greater percentage of blowouts than just about any notable team sport in the world.

I like how Greg Byrne refers to football games involving...
by KevinG  (2020-03-11 16:08:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...student athletes as "content".

Similar to how our esteemed Director of Athletics has referred to ND Football games as "inventory" for NBC.

Demonstrates how misguided are these business consultant wannabes who administer collegiate athletics.

Money talks.
by Wooderson  (2020-03-13 06:42:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you don't like it, push for the school to drop to 1-AA and cancel the NBC contract.

Good Lord, Woodhead! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-03-14 20:29:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Um, ok *
by KevinG  (2020-03-13 09:07:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reminds you of Moose Krause, doesn't it? *
by Porpoiseboy  (2020-03-12 04:10:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just need more jumbotron
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2020-03-11 13:09:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm happy to see that an AD has some awareness.

That's why Oregon is building the biggest board in CFB.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-03-11 23:48:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per The Oregonian, the Ducks are planning to install the largest video board in college football at Autzen Stadium.

"Though the exact screen measurements are not specified, the 186′ x 66′ dimensions of the entire video board structure measure 12,276 square feet, topping the 10,830 square foot video board at Auburn (190′ x 57′) that was installed in 2015 and remains the biggest in the country. Auburn’s initial plans called for two rear-facing LED screens but those never materialized.
"

and cow bell of course *
by fourputtmd  (2020-03-11 19:37:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A likely certainty to be far lower next season if...
by nddad98  (2020-03-10 18:28:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the virus concerns linger.