After what had to be the greatest year in his life..
by TWO (2020-04-02 12:01:46)

Eddie O is getting a divorce. Truly sorry to hear that, I've come to kind of like the guy.

BATON ROUGE, La. β€” LSU football coach Ed Orgeron and his wife Kelly of 23 years are divorcing.

Orgeron filed for divorce on Feb. 26 in East Baton Rouge Parish court, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate. Orgeron stated he and his wife separated two days previously.

The couple was married on Feb. 19, 1997, and have raised three sons β€” Tyler Spotts-Orgeron, who is from Kelly's previous marriage and is 28, and twin boys Parker and Cody, who are 22. Spotts-Orgeron is an offensive analyst on Orgeron's staff. Cody will be the returning starting quarterback at McNeese State this season as a senior, while Parker is a former wide receiver with McNeese and was a student assistant last season.

Tyler Spotts-Orgeron is a good Wodehouse name *
by volley  (2020-04-04 10:13:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Astute observation
by BIG MAC  (2020-04-04 12:32:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

πŸ˜‚

While redemption is always possible
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-04-03 15:02:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ed Orgeron has a really nasty domestic violence case in his past that not only resulted in a restraining order but also a court mandated 26 week domestic abuse counseling class. I have always found it difficult to look past that and just see him as a good ol' southern gentlemen that ESPN and other media outlets attempt to throw forth.

That's true, but it was 30 years ago
by HScorpio  (2020-04-04 21:39:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know the details of the case but he was 29 or 30 when it happened. Obviously that's old enough to know right from wrong, but it's possible he is a different person now. It seems like he just had a rough span in his personal life around that time, with a couple arrests. He ended up taking a leave of absence from coaching for a few years and seemingly got everything straightened out.

But like I said, I don't know the details of him or his legal affairs. It's possible he's still a violent guy.

It’s true in that he was an alcoholic
by KnightlyRevue  (2020-04-05 17:17:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I do know some of the details, such as punching his partner in the face repeatedly and dragging her down a flight of stairs by the hair. As you say, it was 30 years ago while dealing with a disease that he seems to have beaten. There is something about the nature of that level of violence against a woman though that I find abhorrent under any circumstance.

That's going to be an interesting staff meeting... *
by Wooderson  (2020-04-03 14:24:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least he got it in ahead of the quarantine *
by NavyJoe  (2020-04-03 00:52:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

[IPad] *
by 1NDGal  (2020-04-03 13:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post