Kelly has essentially ceded the State and has no real plan
by Hanratty5ND (2020-04-28 11:55:24)

In reply to: We used to have an amazing pipeline  posted by HTownND

A disjointed effort.
Not just with Texas, but a lot of states and regions.

In the just completed 2020 NFL draft--there were 7 1st round selections that played their HS ball in Texas. Not one of them played for Texas or Texas A&M:

-Jeff Okudah: CB tOSU
-Ceedee Lamb: WR Oklahoma
-K'Lavon Chaisson: LB LSU
-Jaylen Reagor: WR TCU
-Kenneth Murray: LB Oklahoma
-Jordyn Brooks: LB texas Tech
-Jeff Gladney: CB TCU

Ohio State has made a priority of getting 1 elite player per year out of Texas.
It can be done. They are not all signing with Texas or Texas A&M.
In 2019 OSU signed 5 star WR Garrett Wilson out of Austin Lake Travis. He will be a 1st round pick when he comes out. In 2020 they signed a top S and this year they have a top OL committed.

I know ND can't be everywhere--but Texas is a State that deserves more attention than Kelly and his staff have given it over the past 10 years.
Not that Kelly really pays much attention to these things--but I don't think he has anyone on his staff with ties to Texas. That might be a start.

We aren’t in TX or FL. Where, exactly, are we? *
by kudos  (2020-04-28 20:06:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of these days I'll ask Tim Brown that question. *
by 84david  (2020-04-29 08:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it's not like they won't qualify
by HTownND  (2020-04-28 12:07:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like I said, we've sent a ton of kids to ND from Texas. Just not lately, but there is no reason for it, other than we haven't prioritized it, for reasons I'll never understand.

It would take hard work. *
by NDBass  (2020-04-28 14:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post