So if MLB, NFL, & NCAA open up play, will social distancing
by SWPaDem (2020-05-14 07:38:36)
Edited on 2020-05-14 07:49:20

be all that will be used to protect players? (For simplicity, let's keep college students out of the discussion here.) I'm thinking if I'm a player, I'd want something more than relying on my young, virile teammates keeping their noses and the rest of their faces clean before I'd want to don the uniform.

So will we see the use of antivirals issued prophylactically as part of an extra measure of protection, so to speak, for these players? I ask this as there is no cure, i.e., vaccine, for AIDS, but yet those afflicted with it now lead basically normal lives by taking a "cocktail" of essentially antivirals (daily?) while prior to this therapeutic regimen, they were basically issued a death sentence once they contracted the disease.

I know that the discussion of antivirals with regard to COVID-19 has become a highly political one, but I'd sure hate to live the rest of my life out socially distancing, not knowing what's out there that might help. It seems that short of a vaccine or achieving herd immunity - where most, it would seem, don't want us to go there - social distancing will be with us forever, i.e., until it doesn't work anymore when we reach the point of enough is enough. This COVID-19 is just too contagious.

Replies: