Yeah, and the one thing that you keep conveniently ignoring
by jt (2020-05-16 15:45:50)

In reply to: I posted an op-ed about this on Rock's last week  posted by Irish Warrior

is that professional teams (your examples--White Sox, Cubs, Giants, and A's--I could include Dodgers, Angels and Padres as well) can all play in a different state until their facilities are ready. There aren't going to be fans there anyway.

I don't know why you choose to ignore that, as it seems to be a pretty big thing. Now, as it relates to college sports that is indeed a completely different story. San Diego State, for example, is unlikely to practice and play in Phoenix while CA gets ready. That's a very legitimate concern. However, IMO you need to start thinking about pro sports and collegiate sports differently.

As to the fans, they have talked about having limited numbers of fans at events in the fall; baseball players are pretty used to playing in front of no crowds as they mostly come up through the lower minors with games on back fields of spring training complexes, etc. I'm not as confident about basketball, but they'll likely work through it for a month or so without much trouble.

Replies: