He got benched in 2015 for Gabbert, who was already the
by G.K.Chesterton (2020-06-18 18:49:55)

In reply to: I've seen a cut up of some of his passing plays from 2016  posted by jt

the worst QB of the decade and won the prize going away (confirmed last week by Football Outsiders). Kaepernick must have really stunk up the joint to do that and maybe it was too big of a hill to climb to come back.

I can still see Eric Walden whiffing on Kaepernick in the playoffs.

he was injured
by jt  (2020-06-22 23:19:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he had two surgeries that offseason. That said, yes, he was terrible in 2015.

He beat Gabbert out the next year and played pretty well on an awful team. I could link to that, but my guess is that you can find it yourself.

I can still see an awful lot of Green Bay Packers whiffing on him in the playoffs (twice).

Nobody is saying that he's a sure fire hall of famer, but if you're going to compare him to Blaine ("that's not a name, that's an appliance!") Gabbert, you could at least be honest and include the entire story. The truth is that for the majority of his career he was an above average to very good qb. In the right system, he likely could have continued along that path. As to right now, I don't know how ready he would be as it has been a few years.