J.T. Daniels granted immediate eligibility at Georgia
by TWO (2020-07-13 16:31:50)

I'm sure Jamie Newman, the Wake Forrest grad transfer, is thrilled about this turn of events. He played really well at Wake and no doubt looked at the opportunity at Georgia as a way of getting the NFL to really notice him and maybe play his way into higher draft pick. Now he'll likely sit on the bench.

Jalen Gill granted immediate eligibility at BC
by TWO  (2020-07-14 22:56:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he was a RS freshman last year at Ohio State and played in 9 games...

Phil Jurkovec has to be granted immediate eligibility, with JT Daniels and now Gill it'd be a travesty if they denied him. The NCAA is so f'd up.

It seems easier now to get immediate eligibility
by trout  (2020-07-16 14:20:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought Alohi Gilman got screwed as it seemed he had a good argument with the Navy changing service requirements.

Regarding Phil, I thought he transferred mostly so he would have a better opportunity to play sooner. I never thought that circumstance yielded immediate eligibility.

I am suspicious some of these guys add other reasons than just they want an opportunity to play to get a favorable ruling. Maybe all it takes is you report a hostile environment or some other type of abuse at the old school.

Do we know why? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-07-13 18:27:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has a grandma.
by 84david  (2020-07-18 22:18:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Old people are vulnerable to covid, you know.

He hired a really good lawyer
by HScorpio  (2020-07-14 22:44:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously. I think there are a couple guys who specialize in getting transfer waivers approved by the NCAA, and Tom Mars is one of the more well known. Many of the players over the past few years who have gotten immediate waivers have utilized him.

That is what I thought was happening
by trout  (2020-07-17 16:41:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are probably some circumstances that can be cited beyond a sick grandmother that trigger approval.

Distraught that the Lohan kids had to leave SC
by SixShutouts66  (2020-07-13 16:39:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That certainly sounds like a very good reason to me. Wonder if tat removal was part of the deal?

Loughlin?
by Hati Hijau  (2020-07-13 21:55:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's okay, it's Cartier.

Tomato, tomotto *
by Beaknd  (2020-07-14 09:53:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post