Calif delays the start of HS football till Dec
by TWO (2020-07-20 12:58:38)

They will have playoffs late march and the championships Mid April.

Really will make for some hard decisions, esp by kids who were planning on being early entries. They will now have to decide whether or not to play their senior year and delay enrollment till the summer time or to not play and enroll in Jan at their college.

NY has delayed start of fall sports until at least Sep. 21 *
by tf86  (2020-07-28 11:23:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

WI is delaying start of FB, soccer practice until Sept. 7. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-07-24 11:08:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nit: it's pushed until December 2020 *or* January 2021. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-07-20 13:26:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In Texas we have had a few districts decide
by TWO  (2020-07-20 14:28:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to delay the start of football till October. There are a number in the Houston area and I expect more in the next week or so to follow those districts. I would think if the trend continues that the UIL (state assoc) will need to come out and either make it state wide or just say it's up to each district. If it's up to each district it will make the schedule difficult as Sept is when the non-district games happen.

Texas pushes back the 2 highest classifications 1 month
by TWO  (2020-07-21 11:57:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the rest of the schools can start training and playing on their usual schedule.

I guess somehow somebody thinks that if your school is below a certain attendance level that the virus isn't problem like it is for the higher classifications.

Makes no sense to me. Seems like everything should have been pushed back a month, and wait and see.

Well, it's the UIL after all
by knutesteen  (2020-07-21 19:37:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having appeared on behalf of a school district at a UIL State Executive Committee meeting, I can tell you it's a complete clownshow. Very disappointing.