Bo knew.
by TWO (2020-07-30 12:45:59)

just like JoePa, he knew and sent it up the line and washed his hands of the situation like it wasn't his problem.

The accuser, identified as John Doe EB-17, worked as a play-by-play announcer for football games during his time at the University of Michigan in the early 1980s. In a lawsuit filed in federal court Thursday morning, John Doe EB-17 said he told Schembechler directly on two separate occasions that Anderson, who died in 2008, sexually abused him during an appointment to treat severe headaches.

Schembechler instructed Doe to tell then-athletic director Don Canham, but Canham took no action, according to the lawsuit.

Doe said at a news conference Thursday morning that Schembechler told him immediately to tell Canham. Doe said he does not hold Schembechler responsible for remaining silent. "I cannot blame Bo for not being able to come forward," he said. "...This was Don Canham's job."

Different reporting requirements in early 80s vs. early 00s?
by domer4  (2020-07-31 23:55:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because in Bo's case, it was "kid, go report it to the AD."

In JoePa's case, it was "kid, I will go report it to the AD."

Does anybody know why the difference? It seems to me the JoePa route makes more sense instead of forcing the kid to keep reporting to different people until he finds the right one.

"Just shut up and play football!" JoeBo *
by other_guy  (2020-07-30 18:37:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post