North Carolina just lost another DB
by Hanratty5ND (2020-09-17 13:56:00)

S Myles Wolfork, who was their highest graded player in their opening win vs Syracuse.

He was declared academically ineligible-- is that a first at UNC?

He is now the 4th DB the Tar Heels have lost. Two others were lost due to Covid opt-outs and another transferred.

I know many are pointing to the UNC game as being a huge challenge for ND, but UNC has some major issues on the back end. If ND is worth a shit, that game should not be close.

How declared academically ineligible in mid-Sept?
by fortune_smith  (2020-09-17 19:52:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems odd timing, how does that work?

Fail a summer class? *
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-09-17 21:56:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wouldn’t the F have been known several weeks ago?
by fortune_smith  (2020-09-18 04:32:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe there was an appeals / remediation process that didn’t pan out.

Apparently he's a graduate student
by HScorpio  (2020-09-18 12:00:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know how that works, but from what I could glean from other articles, academic eligibility requirements are different from undergrad.

Wow, that must have been a blatant disregard for
by DomerJon  (2020-09-17 15:35:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

their cheating policy. How did he play last week?

UNC is making football the sacrificial lamb. They will
by socal_doubledomer74  (2020-09-18 03:03:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

protect their basketball team at all costs but don't really care about football.