way off the front page (link)
by olson (2020-11-24 11:43:49)
Edited on 2020-12-03 10:01:31

This user did not provide content for this post

I attended ‘71 game—I had never seen a KO lateral...
by Scoop80  (2020-11-25 00:27:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

across field before. I was thrown overhand. didn’t know that they were legal. I also recall goal line stand—we were sitting in that EZ.

I was at the 75 game. Very good memories of that. Thanks
by domerfromkansas  (2020-11-24 20:50:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For the update.

I attended that dreadful 2008 game
by Camarillo Brillo  (2020-11-24 16:24:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The pick six was ND's first play of the second half.

In the first half, ND built a lead on the strength of Jimmy Clausen's passing.

The second half was just typical horrible Charlie Weis football.

If you would have told me that Notre Dame would go into Chapel Hill with Michael Floyd and Golden Tate and lose, I would have said you were crazy.

I was at 2014 game
by irishrock  (2020-11-24 15:22:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

glorious day for tailgating and the game...the week before was Stanford and it was nasty

Weird game as ND looked like it absolutely killed UNC, but Van Gorder's defense just couldn't get off the field at the end.

Highlight of the game was watching the antics of the drunk UNC students in front of us. One of the kids was a complete mess...harmless, but a mess. He was just a college kid having a good time. But at the end of the 3rd quarter he was moving around taking different seats when an usher came up and asked where his ticket was...and he couldn't produce it. He was out after that.

I bought game tickets from a poster on this board through the marketplace...great guy and he came by the tailgate we were at. ND fans are some of the nicest people around

Was there as well - absolutely great day.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-11-24 15:26:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe (checking...) yes, there was a pick-6 and we were down 14-0 in the first quarter. North Carolina scored the first 14 points of the game and the last 7 points and they still lost.

we were undefeated after that game
by irishrock  (2020-11-24 16:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If my memory serves, Greg Bryant had a nice game.

The next week was FSU...we can only wonder how the season would have went without that dumb offensive PI penalty

UNC had to vacate the 2008 win, IIRC.
by tf86  (2020-11-24 13:36:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still counts as a loss on our all-time record.

Great stuff as always! Any idea why we played UNC
by Pat85  (2020-11-24 12:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

almost every year from 1949-1966? I don't recall many teams that we played that consistently other than USC, the academies, MSU, Purdue, Pitt, Miami, and Georgia Tech. I am not quite that old, so perhaps there is not significance other than two ADs determining it was a good idea, or perhaps the ACC allotted more opportunities for non-conference games in those years.

I love the name Choo Choo Justice.

I love reading these stories. Thank you, sir. *
by midnightrambler  (2020-11-24 17:04:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post